- Texas incident fuels concern about lone-wolf terror attacks
6 May. 201510:19 PM ET
NEW YORK (AP) — The attempted attack on a provocative cartoon contest in Texas appears to reflect a scenario that has long troubled national security officials: a do-it-yourself terror plot, inspired by the Islamic State extremist group and facilitated through the ease of social media.
- Tornadoes rake Oklahoma City suburbs, parts of Tornado Alley
6 May. 201510:30 PM ET
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — A tornado grazed Oklahoma City and its suburbs Wednesday, destroying dozens of homes and prompting schools to hold children in safe rooms. No major injuries were reported.
- 10 Things to Know for Thursday
6 May. 20159:04 PM ET
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Thursday:
- Teen survivor tells of panic during deadly migrant rescue
6 May. 20153:13 PM ET
NICOLOSI, Sicily (AP) — Calloused and stained, Baboucar Lowe's hands tell the story of a difficult life, one that nearly ended at 17 when the rubber dinghy he was on deflated within sight of a rescue ship, drowning dozens of migrants trying to reach Europe.
- Baltimore mayor seeks federal civil-rights probe of police
6 May. 20157:09 PM ET
BALTIMORE (AP) — Baltimore's mayor was emphatic last week: She did not want federal oversight of her police department.
- NFL finds Patriots employees probably deflated balls
6 May. 20156:24 PM ET
Tom Brady: Unbelievable.
- Patriots employees traded texts about deflated footballs
6 May. 20155:25 PM ET
An investigator's report into "Deflategate" cited a series of texts between two New England Patriots employees as key evidence in the conclusion that the Patriots likely deflated footballs in the AFC title game — and that quarterback Tom Brady probably knew about it.
- LeBron's 33 lead Cavaliers past Bulls 106-91 in Game 2
6 May. 201510:33 PM ET
CLEVELAND (AP) — The headband returned. The aggressiveness, dunks and dazzling plays all came back, too.
- Manny Pacquiao has shoulder surgery
6 May. 201510:32 PM ET
Manny Pacquiao underwent surgery on his injured right shoulder Wednesday following his loss to Floyd Mayweather Jr. in boxing's richest fight ever.
- Clippers' Paul out against Houston in Game 2
6 May. 20158:18 PM ET
HOUSTON (AP) — Los Angeles Clippers point guard Chris Paul will miss his second straight game with a strained left hamstring, sitting out Game 2 of the Western Conference semifinals against Houston.
INSIDE OREGON BUSINESS