- Horror in Japan as video purports to show hostage beheaded
1 Feb. 20157:13 AM ET
TOKYO (AP) — Appalled and saddened by news of journalist Kenji Goto's purported beheading by Islamic State extremists, Japan ordered heightened security precautions Sunday and said it would persist with its non-military support for fighting terrorism.
- Japan mourns Kenji Goto as caring and courageous reporter
1 Feb. 20155:14 AM ET
TOKYO (AP) — Whether in tsunami-stricken northeastern Japan or conflict-ridden Sierra Leone, the stories of the vulnerable, the children and the poor drove the work of journalist Kenji Goto.
- APNewsBreak: Obama ties foreign profits tax to public works
1 Feb. 20158:40 AM ET
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama's budget will propose an ambitious six-year, $478 billion public works program of highway, bridge and transit upgrades, half of it financed with a one-time mandatory tax on profits that U.S. companies have amassed overseas, White House officials said.
- Officials meet to address safety after aviation calamities
1 Feb. 20157:43 AM ET
WASHINGTON (AP) — Government and aviation industry officials from dozens of countries are meeting in Montreal this week to try to find consensus on how to keep from losing airliners like the one that vanished without a trace in Asia and another shot down in Eastern Europe.
- For Clinton, deciding how to prepare for a low-key primary
1 Feb. 20157:29 AM ET
WASHINGTON (AP) — The challenge ahead for Hillary Rodham Clinton is one faced by few White House hopefuls: running a primary campaign in which she faces little competition, if any at all.
- Olympic ski jump champ Vogt wins World Cup event in Austria
1 Feb. 20158:01 AM ET
HINZENBACH, Austria (AP) — Olympic ski jump champion Carina Vogt of Germany won a women's World Cup event Sunday for her second career victory, two weeks after her maiden win in Zao, Japan.
- Seahawks repeat would be a scary prospect for NFL
1 Feb. 20155:34 AM ET
PHOENIX (AP) — Here are some scary thoughts for the rest of the NFL:
- Djokovic wins 5th Australian Open title, denies Murray a 1st
1 Feb. 20158:46 AM ET
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Novak Djokovic won his fifth Australian Open title and his eighth career Grand Slam while extending Andy Murray's misery at Melbourne Park.
- Sons represent late Junior Seau at Hall of Fame announcement
31 Jan. 201510:55 PM ET
PHOENIX (AP) — One by one, the newest members of the Pro Football Hall of Fame stepped onto the stage as their names were called. When the eighth man elected Saturday, the late Junior Seau, was announced, his two sons stood with the group.
- Rodgers wins MVP, Watt unanimous top AP defensive player
1 Feb. 20157:24 AM ET
PHOENIX (AP) — Just living the dream. And looking for more.
INSIDE OREGON BUSINESS