- Greece in limbo: Shuttered banks keep lifeline
2 Jul. 201512:02 AM ET
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Greece braced for more chaos on the streets outside its mostly shuttered banks Thursday, as Athens and its creditors halted talks on resolving the country's deepening financial crisis until a referendum this weekend.
- Top American diplomat in Cuba in line to head new embassy
2 Jul. 201512:17 AM ET
HAVANA (AP) — From his office high above Havana, Jeffrey DeLaurentis has a sweeping view of the cerulean Florida Straits and the blood-red letters declaring Cuba's defiance of the United States.
- Episcopalians vote to allow gay marriage in churches
1 Jul. 201510:11 PM ET
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Episcopalians voted overwhelmingly Wednesday to allow religious weddings for same-sex couples, solidifying the church's embrace of gay rights that began more than a decade ago with the pioneering election of the first openly gay bishop.
- US probes possible collusion among airlines to keep fares up
1 Jul. 201511:32 PM ET
WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. government is investigating possible collusion among major airlines to limit available seats, which keeps airfares high, according to a document obtained by The Associated Press.
- New warden, security measures after New York prison escape
1 Jul. 201511:51 PM ET
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — A range of new security measures is being put in place at a maximum-security prison to close gaps exploited by two inmates who escaped last month.
- Love stays, Chandler moves, dollars fly in NBA free agency
1 Jul. 20159:24 PM ET
Kevin Love has unfinished business in Cleveland and Tyson Chandler will be conducting his in Phoenix.
- Kessel trade to Penguins highlights start of NHL free agency
2 Jul. 201512:08 AM ET
On the first day of NHL free agency, a blockbuster trade stole the spotlight.
- WWE seeking to block concussion-related lawsuits
1 Jul. 201510:38 PM ET
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. is asking a federal judge to block lawsuits by former wrestlers who claim they have suffered long-term health problems from concussions they received in the ring.
- Own goal gives Japan 2-1 win over England in World Cup semi
1 Jul. 201511:51 PM ET
EDMONTON, Alberta (AP) — England defender Laura Bassett was inconsolable as she lay face down on the field, sobbing.
- Carrasco loses no-hitter with 1 strike to go in 9th vs Rays
1 Jul. 201511:39 PM ET
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Carlos Carrasco was one strike away from throwing Cleveland's first no-hitter in 34 years and already considering ways to celebrate.
INSIDE OREGON BUSINESS