- Mandela: icon, hero and flawed human
7 Dec. 20131:10 PM ET
CAPE TOWN, South Africa (AP) — Force of nature. Father of all nations. A messiah of our times.
- US vet Merrill Newman, 85, home from North Korea
7 Dec. 20132:02 PM ET
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Merrill Newman was tired and looking forward to reuniting with his family, but he was all smiles Saturday after arriving at the San Francisco airport after being detained for several weeks in North Korea.
- Few heirs apparent to Mandela's symbol of freedom
7 Dec. 201311:33 AM ET
The passing of Nelson Mandela leaves a waning number of global figures representing freedom and resilience against oppression — and a changing world that makes it harder for anyone to approach Mandela's iconic power.
- Hagel given assurances on Afghan security deal
7 Dec. 20131:56 PM ET
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — Pentagon chief Chuck Hagel said Saturday he received assurances from Afghanistan's defense minister that a stalled security agreement with the United States would be signed in "a very timely manner."
- AU: More troops for Central African Republic
7 Dec. 20131:59 PM ET
PARIS (AP) — France's presidential palace says the African Union has agreed to increase its deployment of troops in violence-wracked Central African Republic to 6,000 troops.
- AP Source: Robinson Cano, Mariners reach agreement
6 Dec. 201310:24 PM ET
SEATTLE (AP) — Robinson Cano is trading pinstripes for the Pacific Northwest.
- AP sources: Beltran, Yanks agree at $45M, 3 years
7 Dec. 20133:28 AM ET
NEW YORK (AP) — Carlos Beltran is coming back to New York, this time to the Bronx.
- Texans fire coach Gary Kubiak
6 Dec. 20135:46 PM ET
HOUSTON (AP) — Gary Kubiak pulled the Texans out of the NFL basement and remains the only coach to take them to the playoffs.
- Petersen leaving Boise State for Washington
6 Dec. 20136:50 PM ET
SEATTLE (AP) — After all the other schools that called over the years and were sent away, it was Washington that finally hooked Chris Petersen.
- Woods takes 2-shot lead into the weekend
7 Dec. 20133:30 AM ET
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (AP) — For the final tournament at Sherwood Country Club, Tiger Woods seems intent on leaving a lasting impression.
INSIDE OREGON BUSINESS