- Deutsche Bank, Pfizer slide; Transocean and Chemtura climb
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily on Monday:
- Turkish markets hit by Moody's rating downgrade
LONDON (AP) — Turkish financial markets took a battering Monday after ratings agency Moody's downgraded the country's credit grade to junk status to account for a series of shocks to the economy that included bombings and an attempted coup.
- Europe bank head calls markets 'resilient' after Brexit vote
FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) — The president of the European Central Bank says both markets and the economy have been "resilient" in the wake of Britain's vote to leave the European Union.
- UK CEOs consider pulling up stakes because of Brexit
LONDON (AP) — A survey of company CEOs in Britain suggests that a majority is considering moving some business away from the U.K. amid concerns about the country's future outside the European Union.
- German business confidence surges to highest since May 2014
BERLIN (AP) — A closely watched survey shows that business confidence in Germany, Europe's biggest economy, has increased sharply to its highest reading since May 2014 amid signs that concerns related to Britain's vote to leave the European Union have dissipated.
- UK financial sector confidence falls further amid Brexit
LONDON (AP) — A new survey shows that optimism in the financial services sector has fallen for a third consecutive quarter — the longest drop since the global financial crisis in 2009.
- Yahoo and Facebook slip; Endo and AAR gain ground
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily Friday:
- Twitter surges after report that it may be on the block
NEW YORK (AP) — Twitter's stock is surging following a report that the social media company, forever struggling in Facebook's shadow, is close to a sale.
- Eurozone growth at 20-month low as Germany slows
LONDON (AP) — Economic growth across the 19-country eurozone has fallen to a 20-month low as the German economy, in particular, loses momentum, a closely watched survey showed Friday.
- Red Hat, Boeing and WCI climb; Jabil slips
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks that moved substantially or traded heavily on Thursday: