The U.S. dollar has been getting stronger this year in a way that would give Popeye a run for his money. And that has been a bane for companies that do business abroad.
Amazon rules retail Nov. 26, 2015
Drug costs reach high Nov. 25, 2015
Break It Up Nov. 24, 2015
Yahoo's make-or-break moment Nov. 21, 2015
- Chile's Codelco Jan-Sept earnings drop by nearly half
SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) — Chile's state-run copper giant Codelco says its profit plunged by 47 percent in January to September 2015 from the same period a year before because of tumbling prices for the metal.
- Survey shows German consumers losing confidence
BERLIN (AP) — A closely-watched survey shows German consumers are losing confidence amid growing concerns of an economic slump.
- Japan plans extra budget, handouts, to pump up recovery
TOKYO (AP) — Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has ordered Cabinet ministers to prepare an extra spending package, including cash handouts for the poorest pensioners, seeking to breathe fresh life into Japan's stalling recovery.
- Signs of steady US economy: Rising pay and solid job market
WASHINGTON (AP) — Americans' pay is up, fewer people need unemployment aid, more are buying new homes and business spending is rebounding.
- UK backs off cuts to tax breaks for lower income households
LONDON (AP) — Britain's Treasury chief abandoned controversial cuts in tax credits for the working poor and kept police funding intact on Wednesday as he updated Parliament on the government's budget plans.
- Deere's profit tops forecasts even as its sales fall sharply
MOLINE, Ill. (AP) — Even though sales of its green tractors, bulldozers and other equipment fell sharply, Deere & Co. reported better-than-expected fourth-quarter earnings as it cut costs.
- US stocks rise as holiday approaches; Deere gains on earns
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks are ticking upward in afternoon trading, making small gains for the second day in a row ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S.
- US stocks edge higher in early trading; Deere gains on earns
NEW YORK (AP) — Stocks are drifting higher in early trading as markets start to wind down ahead of the Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S.
- Following strong earns, Hormel anounces 2-for-1 stock split
NEW YORK (AP) — Hormel is announcing a two-for-one split a day after the company reported a strong fourth quarter and outlook.
- HP's last earnings report shows decline
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Hewlett-Packard went out with a whimper Tuesday, as the venerable computer-maker issued its final quarterly earnings report as a unified tech conglomerate, showing another drop in sales for most of its business divisions.