- Debate stage drama: GOP awaits top 10 announcement
WASHINGTON (AP) — They crowded the stage in New Hampshire for a debate-style faceoff.
- Massive California wildfire jumps containment line
MIDDLETOWN, Calif. (AP) — As firefighters battled a massive Northern California wild land blaze threatening numerous homes, some of the 13,000 people urged to flee their residences were spending what may be just one of many nights in evacuation shelters.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- Israeli arrested after West Bank arson that killed toddler
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel said Tuesday it was interrogating the suspected head of a Jewish extremist group in the first arrest of an Israeli suspect following last week's arson attack in the West Bank that killed a Palestinian toddler and wounded his brother and parents.
- Fire sale on stuff that burns: Oil, natural gas, coal down
NEW YORK (AP) — These days it seems whatever can be burned to power a car, heat a home, make electricity or ship people and goods around the globe is being sold at bargain basement prices.
- Boy, 9, injured after hit in head at baseball game
WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — A 9-year-old bat boy is hospitalized after being hit in the head during a National Baseball Congress World Series game.
- Sjostrom and Hosszu set world marks at swim championships
KAZAN, Russia (AP) — The women are getting it done at the world swimming championships.
- What's going on with American Pharoah after Haskell win
OCEANPORT, N.J. (AP) — When the music played about 10 minutes before the start of the Haskell Invitational, there was no way American Pharoah could lose.
- Ramirez tries vault, tagged out in 9th; Chisox fall to Rays
CHICAGO (AP) — Alexei Ramirez made a valiant effort, that's for sure.
- Beltre has 3rd career cycle for Rangers
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Adrian Beltre had his third career cycle Monday night, becoming the first major league player since the 1930s to accomplish that feat.