- Trump strains to unite GOP behind him; Ryan says no, for now
NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump is struggling in his efforts to unify the Republican Party behind his presidential campaign, the difficulty immediately underscored Thursday by a startling exchange of negative comments with GOP House Speaker Paul Ryan who said he was not ready to support him.
- AP Source: Clinton aide interviewed in email investigation
WASHINGTON (AP) — The FBI has interviewed Huma Abedin, a close aide to Hillary Clinton, as part of a federal investigation into Clinton's use of a private email server as secretary of state, a person familiar with the probe said Thursday.
- North Korea congress starts; foreign media kept out so far
PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) — North Korea slowly lifted the curtain Friday on the first full congress of its ruling party since 1980, bringing foreign journalists to the venue without immediately letting them in, or revealing just how leader Kim Jong Un will make use of possibly his greatest spotlight yet.
- Los Angeles man guilty in 10 'Grim Sleeper' serial killings
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A former Los Angeles trash collector was convicted Thursday of 10 counts of murder in the "Grim Sleeper" serial killings that targeted poor, young black women over two decades.
- Community questions delay in Amber Alert for Navajo girl
Several hours after a stranger abducted an 11-year-old Navajo girl as she played near her home, few outside the reservation knew she was missing.
- Insurer says child told Paterno in '76 Sandusky molested him
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — A judge said that insurers in litigation with Penn State claim a boy told football coach Joe Paterno in 1976 that he had been molested by Jerry Sandusky, Pennlive.com reported Thursday.
- Overtime anyone? Predators, Sharks headed to 3rd OT tied 3-3
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — James Neal scored with 4:21 left in the third period tying it up at 3-3, and the Nashville Predators and the San Jose Sharks went scoreless during the first two overtimes and headed to a third extra period early Friday morning.
- Carroll scores 21, Raptors beat Heat in OT to tie series
TORONTO (AP) — This time, overtime went the way of the Toronto Raptors.
- Rea takes no-hit bid into 7th; Padres beat Mets 5-3
SAN DIEGO (AP) — The shift helped keep Colin Rea's no-hit bid going into the seventh inning, and then a shift cost the right-hander a chance at the San Diego Padres' ever-elusive gem.
- Manziel silent outside court after hearing in domestic case
DALLAS (AP) — Johnny Manziel waded through a crowd of reporters after his first court appearance in a domestic violence case Thursday, ignoring questions and even an autograph request.