- At least 6 dead, 2 missing after floods in Texas, Kansas
HOUSTON (AP) — Authorities in central Texas found two more bodies along flooded streams Sunday, bringing the death toll from flooding in the state to six.
- Trump's movement campaign likely to turn on the margins
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Donald Trump calls his presidential campaign a mass movement, but he must show he can coax enough support from voters who twice delivered the White House to Barack Obama.
- More than 700 feared dead in recent Mediterranean crossings
POZZALLO, Sicily (AP) — Survivor accounts have pushed to more than 700 the number of migrants feared dead in Mediterranean Sea shipwrecks over three days in the past week, even as rescue ships saved thousands of others in daring operations.
- Storm safe rooms as a wedding gift? Sure, in Tornado Alley
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Never mind toasters, blenders and slow cookers. Joplin, Missouri, tornado survivors Kayla and Ricky Smith had a more practical request for a wedding gift — shelter from the next big storm.
- German, French leaders mark 100 years since Battle of Verdun
VERDUN, France (AP) — In solemn ceremonies Sunday in the forests of eastern France, French President Francois Hollande and German Chancellor Angela Merkel marked 100 years since the Battle of Verdun, determined to show that, despite the bloodbath of World War I, their countries' improbable friendship is now a source of hope for today's fractured Europe.
- Alexander Rossi pulls off stunning upset in 100th Indy 500
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — A new era for the Indianapolis 500 arrived in the form of a most unfamiliar driver.
- Martin Truex Jr. dominates NASCAR race in Charlotte
CONCORD, N.C. (AP) — Martin Truex Jr. led a Sprint Cup-record 588 of 600 miles to win the Coca-Cola 600 on Sunday night, racing away from his bad-luck past at NASCAR's longest race.
- Warriors know Game 7 back home for Finals trip won't be easy
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — After a record 73 wins and a memorable Game 6 comeback on the road, the Golden State Warriors' goal of getting back to the NBA Finals and defending their title comes down to Game 7 at home against the powerful Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Lone Star: Spieth's 8th PGA win is 1st in Texas, at Colonial
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Jordan Spieth found the perfect cure for his Masters misery.
- Long road to Cup Final ends for rebuilt Sharks and Penguins
PITTSBURGH (AP) — It wasn't supposed to take the San Jose Sharks this long to reach their first Stanley Cup Final. It wasn't supposed to take this long for Sidney Crosby to guide the Pittsburgh Penguins back to a destination many figured they'd become a fixture at after winning it all in 2009.