- The Latest: Lost ship had modern lifeboats, unsure if used
NASSAU, Bahamas (AP) — The latest on the search for a cargo ship missing off the coast of Bahamas (all times local):
- Historic South Carolina floods: Heavy rain, hundreds rescued
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Hundreds were rescued from fast-moving floodwaters Sunday in South Carolina as days of driving rain hit a dangerous crescendo that buckled buildings and roads, closed a major East Coast interstate route and threatened the drinking water supply for the capital city.
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Monday:
- Doctors Without Borders leaves Afghan city after airstrike
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — The U.S. and Afghan governments vowed Sunday to jointly investigate the attack on a hospital in Kunduz that killed 22 people, as street-by street battles continued between government forces and Taliban fighters and officials warned of a looming humanitarian crisis for civilians trapped in the city
- Chaffetz has made a career confronting establishment
WASHINGTON (AP) — One-time college placekicker Jason Chaffetz wants to boot Republican House leaders off their path to promotions.
- Aces wild: Playoffs open with Astros-Yankees, Cubs-Pirates
Dallas Keuchel started the All-Star game, won 20 times and twice dominated the New York Yankees.
- The Latest: Saints defense healthiest yet with Byrd active
The latest from NFL games around the league on the fourth Sunday of the season (all times EDT):
- Rangers win AL West on final day, Hamels beat Angels 9-2
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — First-year manager Jeff Banister stood in a corner of the Texas Rangers clubhouse watching players celebrate, with champagne spraying all over the place.
- Harvick dominates in must-win race to advance in Chase
DOVER, Del. (AP) — Kevin Harvick stood by his confetti-coated car and used it as a resting spot for a couple of crushed beer cans, when his crew belted out a catchy rallying cry.
- Denver's defense leads Broncos past Vikings 23-20
DENVER (AP) — Bursting through the line for jaw-dropping plays is quickly becoming the Denver Broncos' calling card.