- Romo throws in practice for 1st time since August injury
FRISCO, Texas (AP) — Tony Romo is participating in throwing drills at practice for the first time since the Dallas quarterback broke a bone in his back in a preseason game at Seattle in August.
- Kluber, Perez, Indians beat Cubs 6-0 in World Series opener
CLEVELAND (AP) — Corey Kluber and the Cleveland Indians are off to a pitch-perfect start in the World Series.
- The Latest: MLB hopes to beat rain, get in Game 2 of Series
CLEVELAND (AP) — The Latest on the World Series (all times Eastern):
- World Series Game 2 start moved up an hour, rain in forecast
CLEVELAND (AP) — Chicago Cubs manager Joe Maddon was making a move on the mound during the World Series opener when first baseman Anthony Rizzo pointed out another change.
- Any time is Miller time for Indians as Andrew dominates
CLEVELAND (AP) — David Ross marvels at Andrew Miller and the break on his sinister slider.
- AP sources: Jaguars owner Khan speaks to team, seeks answers
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Several people familiar with the situation say Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shad Khan made a rare appearance in front of the team a day after one of the most embarrassing losses in coach Gus Bradley's four-year tenure.
- COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS: Ohio State rooting for Michigan
Ohio State fans need to root for Michigan. Seriously.
- 'Strong odor' of alcohol on Jose Fernandez after boat crash
MIAMI (AP) — A search warrant affidavit says the bodies of Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez and two of his friends had a strong odor of alcohol on them when they were recovered by divers following a boat crash off Miami Beach.
- Despite no first-round picks, Chiefs rely heavily on rookies
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Chiefs didn't make a first-round selection in this year's NFL draft. That hasn't stopped their rookies from making a major impact.
- Jayhawks head into season with national title aspirations
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — Kansas lost one of the leading scorers and rebounders in school history, a slashing guard capable of scoring in bunches, a one-and-done prospect with freakish talent and a dazzling 3-point shooter.