- Oregon beats Kansas 74-60 to punch Final Four ticket
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Oregon lost one of its best players to an injury just before the NCAA Tournament, had to survive two nail-biters to reach the Midwest Regional finals, and then faced a top-seeded Kansas team that had romped to the brink of the Final Four.
- Gonzaga beats Xavier 83-59 to reach first Final Four
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — The criticism dogged Gonzaga wherever it went, no matter how much it won.
- Play it back: Rematches to decide last 2 spots in Final Four
The most entertaining college basketball game of the regular season came in December.
- Zags, Ducks give West Coast flair to Final Four in Phoenix
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Tyler Dorsey had just led Oregon to its first Final Four in nearly eight decades when he looked into a TV camera and passed along a very simple message to all those East Coast fans.
- Top-seeded Jayhawks just can't shake their Elite Eight blues
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Landen Lucas buried his head in a towel as time ran out. Devonte' Graham, on the verge of tears, walked off the court with his jersey pulled up over his face. Coach Bill Self fiddled with his tie a bit and stared blankly into the crowd as his players headed toward the locker room.
- Gonzaga's national title chance a breakthrough moment
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Gonzaga had great players go through Spokane, great teams that won year after year, laying the foundation for the program's big breakthrough this season.
- Sprint car driver Steele killed in Florida speedway crash
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) — Sprint car veteran David Steele has died during a race in Florida.
- Podiatrist who set free throws world record dies at 94
LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP) — A California podiatrist who made history when he shot 2,750 consecutive free throws has died. He was 94.
- UConn advances to regional final with 86-71 win over UCLA
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. (AP) — After watching UConn's NCAA Tournament dominance mostly from the bench for three seasons, Saniya Chong finally made her mark.
- Alejandro Valverde wins Tour of Catalonia for 2nd time
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) — Not even a one-minute time penalty could stop a dominant Alejandro Valverde from winning his second Tour of Catalonia.