- Sharapova wins 1st match on return from 15-month doping ban
STUTTGART, Germany (AP) — Looking relieved, Maria Sharapova waved to the crowd and blew kisses after winning her first match on her return from a 15-month doping ban on Wednesday.
- Oops! Serena Williams made pregnancy public by accident
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — Serena Williams says she was taking a personal photo of her progressing pregnancy on Snapchat when she accidentally pressed the wrong button and made the post public.
- Harbaugh gives pope a helmet, pair of Jordans
VATICAN CITY (AP) — Jim Harbaugh stood near the steps of St. Peter's Basilica with a Michigan football helmet and a box of Wolverine-themed Jordan sneakers held high above his head.
- Raiders bring RB Marshawn Lynch out of retirement
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — Marshawn Lynch is coming out of retirement after agreeing on a two-year deal with the Raiders that paved the way for a trade to his hometown team in Oakland.
- NASCAR has huge hole to fill after Earnhardt retires
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — There was a moment during the Bristol Motor Speedway race that captured the essence of Dale Earnhardt Jr.
- Livestrong revenue dropped again in 2015, trending up now
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The Livestrong cancer charity saw a fundraising and contributions nosedive in 2015 for a third straight year after founder Lance Armstrong's performance-enhancing drug scandal.
- Bruins will bring back Bruce Cassidy as head coach
BOSTON (AP) — The Boston Bruins are bringing Bruce Cassidy back next season, dropping the interim tag from his title as a reward for leading the team back to the playoffs for the first time in three seasons.
- In tense political times, NBA heading to Israel this summer
As the NBA prepares to bring its Basketball Without Borders program to Israel this summer, league officials hope that the first trip to the country can help bring children together during a time of increasing tension.
- Saudi council rejects proposal for female sports colleges
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — A proposal to establish sports education colleges for Saudi women failed to win enough votes in the kingdom's top advisory body, a council member who drafted the plan said Wednesday.
- T.J. Watt ready to write own tale in NFL with big brother
MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Fairly or not, T.J. Watt will draw comparisons to his big brother when he gets to the pros.