- Venezuela threatens to exit OAS as pressure on Maduro mounts
CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) — Venezuela is threatening to pull out of the Organization of American States as the socialist government's response to political unrest that has been blamed for 27 deaths in recent weeks draws rebuke from the hemisphere's major powers.
- Le Pen upstages Macron in battle for blue-collar votes
AMIENS, France (AP) — Far-right presidential candidate Marine Le Pen turned an appliance factory into a battleground Wednesday for France's blue-collar vote, upstaging rival Emmanuel Macron with a surprise campaign stop at the plant threatened with closure.
- When is a wall not a wall? GOP redefines Trump's border wall
WASHINGTON (AP) — Congressional Republicans have a new talking point about President Donald Trump's border wall: It's not really a wall at all.
- China launches its first domestically-made aircraft carrier
BEIJING (AP) — China has launched its first aircraft carrier built entirely on its own, in a demonstration of the growing technical sophistication of its defense industries and determination to safeguard its maritime territorial claims and crucial trade routes.
- Pope warns powerful to act humbly or risk ruin in TED talk
VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis is warning the powerful to act humbly or risk ruin, using the first-ever papal TED talk to urge the world to show more solidarity with the poor and the weak.