- Pope honors Ugandan Christian martyrs as example of faith
NAMUGONGO, Uganda (AP) — Pope Francis on Saturday honored the Ugandan Christians who were burned alive rather than renounce their faith a century ago, urging today's Catholics to follow in their missionary zeal and spread the faith at home and abroad.
- The Latest: Pope urges Ugandans to be missionaries at home
KAMPALA, Uganda (AP) — The latest on Pope Francis' first trip to Africa. (All times local.)
- AP PHOTOS: A selection of pictures from the past week
Highlights from the weekly AP photo report, a gallery featuring a mix of front-page photography, the odd image you might have missed and lasting moments our editors think you should see.
- Turkish president says wishes plane downing had not happened
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — Turkey's president has told supporters that he was saddened by the downing of a Russian warplane by Turkish forces.
- Prominent lawyer shot dead in Turkey
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — A Turkish official says a prominent lawyer, who faced a prison term on charges of supporting Turkey's Kurdish rebels, has been killed in attack.