AAA  Mar. 20, 2017 7:47 PM ET
Women's players call negotiations with USA Hockey productive
By STEPHEN WHYNO, AP Hockey Writer THE ASSOCIATED PRESS STATEMENT OF NEWS VALUES AND PRINCIPLES 
  •       AIM
  •       Share
FILE - In this Feb. 20, 2014, file photo, United States' Hilary Knight passes the puck against Canada during the first period of the women's gold medal ice hockey game at the Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia. After players threatened Wednesday, March 15, 2017, to boycott the upcoming world hockey championships over a wage dispute, USA Hockey said it will “field a competitive team” for the International Ice Hockey Federation Women's World Hockey Championship that begins March 31 in in Plymouth, Mich. “We’re unanimously united as a player pool,” Knight said. “Good luck getting a suitable No. 1 competition to represent our country on a world stage. I kind of dare them. It’s tough.” (AP Photo/Mark Humphrey, File)

Buy AP Photo Reprints

The U.S. women's national team says discussions with USA Hockey over an ongoing wage dispute were productive and will continue this week.

The team released a statement Monday night after a lengthy meeting that included almost 20 players and top executives from USA Hockey.

Players announced last week they'd boycott the upcoming world championships in Plymouth, Michigan, unless significant progress was made toward a labor agreement.

In the statement, players said the goal was to reach an agreement this week that would still allow them to get to training camp and play in the tournament. Camp was set to begin Wednesday with the tournament beginning March 31.

Associated Press
  •       AIM
  •       Share