- AP-NORC Poll: Voters feel disconnected, helpless in 2016
WASHINGTON (AP) — Republicans and Democrats feel a massive disconnect with their political parties and helpless about the presidential election.
- Obama marks Memorial Day at Arlington National Cemetery
ARLINGTON, Va. (AP) — President Barack Obama laid a wreath Monday at the Tomb of the Unknowns to honor members of the military who died serving their country.
- Iraqi forces push into Fallujah as IS bombings kill 24
BAGHDAD (AP) — Iraqi forces started pushing into the city of Fallujah on Monday as a wave of bombings claimed by the Islamic State group in Baghdad and near the Iraqi capital killed at least 24 people.
- Floods in Texas, Kansas leave at least 6 dead, 2 missing
HOUSTON (AP) — Authorities in central Texas have found two more bodies along flooded streams, bringing the death toll from flooding in the state to six.
- Chad ex-dictator found guilty, sentence to life for abuses
DAKAR, Senegal (AP) — Chad's former dictator Hissene Habre was found guilty and sentenced to life imprisonment for crimes against humanity, war crimes, torture and sex crimes during his time in power, Judge Gberdao Gustave Kam said Monday, ending the trial that began in July 2015.
- Warriors know Game 7 back home for Finals trip won't be easy
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — After a record 73 wins and a memorable Game 6 comeback on the road, the Golden State Warriors' goal of getting back to the NBA Finals and defending their title comes down to Game 7 at home against the powerful Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Long road to Cup Final ends for rebuilt Sharks and Penguins
PITTSBURGH (AP) — It wasn't supposed to take the San Jose Sharks this long to reach their first Stanley Cup Final. It wasn't supposed to take this long for Sidney Crosby to guide the Pittsburgh Penguins back to a destination many figured they'd become a fixture at after winning it all in 2009.
- For the 1st time in 16 years, French Open is washed out
PARIS (AP) — Persistent rain forced the cancellation of all matches Monday at the French Open, the first wash-out in 16 years at the clay-court Grand Slam tournament.
- Rossi stretches his final drops of gas to win the Indy 500
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Alexander Rossi spent the biggest weekend in auto racing last year in Monaco, looking for a television that was broadcasting the Indianapolis 500. Back then, American was still hoping he could land a full-time ride in Formula One.
- IndyCar hoping to carry momentum from 500 into future races
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Even before Alexander Rossi sputtered across the finish line to win the Indianapolis 500, race organizers and IndyCar officials were looking to seize the momentum from the historic 100th running of the showcase event.