- White House, in gamble, demands make-or-break health vote
WASHINGTON (AP) — Abandoning negotiations, President Donald Trump demanded a make-or-break vote on health care legislation in the House, threatening to leave "Obamacare" in place and move on to other issues if Friday's vote fails.
- Analysis: Trump the dealmaker struggles to seal the deal
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump often points to his best-selling book, "The Art of the Deal," as proof of his persuasive powers. But his deal-making abilities are being put to the ultimate test.
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
- South Korean divers remove dangling ramp from sunken ferry
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — South Korean efforts to bring a sunken, 6,800-ton ferry back to land cleared an obstacle on Friday after divers cut off a vehicle ramp that had been dangling from the ship and hindering efforts to raise it.
- London defiant as IS claims attack by British ex-con, 52
LONDON (AP) — Authorities on Thursday identified a 52-year-old Briton as the man who mowed down pedestrians and stabbed a policeman to death outside Parliament in London, saying he had a long criminal record and once was investigated for extremism — but was not currently on a terrorism watch list.
- The Latest: 1-seed Gonzaga survives against West Virginia
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — The Latest on the Sweet 16 of the NCAA Tournament (all times Eastern):
- Top-seeded Gonzaga survives for 61-58 win over West Virginia
SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Jordan Mathews hit the go-ahead 3-pointer with under a minute to play and top-seeded Gonzaga survived a rough shooting night for both teams to beat No. 4 seed West Virginia 61-58 Thursday night to advance to the West Regional final.
- Ducks end Michigan's run with 69-68 victory, head to Elite 8
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Tyler Dorsey scored 20 points and made the go-ahead layup with 1:08 left, and third-seeded Oregon ended No. 7 Michigan's dramatic postseason run with a 69-68 victory in a Midwest Regional semifinal on Thursday night.
- NFL owners mull cut of regular-season overtime to 10 minutes
NEW YORK (AP) — NFL owners will consider proposals next week to cut regular-season overtime from 15 minutes to 10; eliminate players leaping over the line on kick plays; and expansion of coaches' challenges and what can be reviewed by officials.
- Big wind and wild outcomes at Match Play
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Phil Mickelson hit a simple chip toward the hole that never stopped until it was off the other side of the green and into the water.