- Outrage, caution from Latino stars in critical election year
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Celebrities are known to jump on political bandwagons, whether it's Oprah Winfrey cheering candidate Barack Obama in 2008 or Clint Eastwood and his GOP convention monologue deriding the president in 2012.
- Donald Trump attacks Muslim father's convention speech
JOHNSTOWN, Pa. (AP) — With 100 days left before the fall election, Hillary Clinton's campaign bus wound its way through Donald Trump's America as the Republican nominee picked a new fight with the bereaved father of a Muslim Army captain.
- Padres starters Cashner, Rea to Marlins in 7-player deal
MIAMI (AP) — Buyers at the trade deadline for a change, the Miami Marlins believe they now have enough starting pitching to make a playoff push.
- 'Number of fatalities' in Texas balloon crash; toll unclear
LOCKHART, Texas (AP) — A hot air balloon carrying at least 16 people caught on fire and crashed in Central Texas on Saturday, causing what authorities described as a "significant loss of life."
- FAA warned of potential for many hot air balloon deaths
WASHINGTON (AP) — Warning about a potential for high-fatality accidents, safety investigators recommended two years ago that the Federal Aviation Administration impose greater oversight on hot air balloon operators, government documents show. The FAA rejected those recommendations.
- Bryant singles to stop Miley's no-hit bid
CHICAGO (AP) — Kris Bryant singled sharply to left field with no outs in the seventh inning Saturday for the Chicago Cubs' first hit off the Seattle Mariners' Wade Miley.
- Nationals acquire Melancon from Pirates
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The Washington Nationals found their reliable new man for the ninth inning, acquiring All-Star closer Mark Melancon from the Pittsburgh Pirates on Saturday.
- The Latest: Play suspended at PGA Championship
SPRINGFIELD, N.J. (AP) — The Latest on the PGA Championship (all times local):
- Beem him up: Rich Beem makes PGA cut, still working TV
SPRINGFIELD, N.J. (AP) — Until a couple weeks ago, Rich Beem didn't know if he was going to play at the PGA Championship.
- Bryan brothers withdraw from Rio Games, cite health priority
Bob and Mike Bryan will not defend their Olympic doubles title in Rio, citing health concerns.