- Site of deadly Oakland warehouse fire an artist space, maze
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — The converted warehouse known as the "Ghost Ship" where a deadly fire ripped through a late-night dance party was an artist workspace and illegal home for a rotating cast of a dozen or more residents, those who lived there or visited often said.
- Green Party taking bid for election recount to federal court
HARRISBURG, Pa. (AP) — Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein is taking her bid for a statewide recount of Pennsylvania's Nov. 8 presidential election to federal court.
- Trump's call inspires hope in Taiwan, concern in Beijing
TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) — With a 10-minute phone call and two tweets, Donald Trump inspired banner headlines and renewed hopes across Taiwan for a stronger partnership with the United States, while also inflaming the complex relationships between the U.S., mainland China, and the self-governing island China regards as a renegade province.
- No more room for the dead as Syria's Aleppo is crushed
BEIRUT (AP) — The old Aleppo cemetery filled up a year ago. The new one filled up last week. Now the dead are left in the besieged enclave's streets, buried in backyards and overwhelming the morgues.
- Italians vote in referendum; Renzi vows to quit if he loses
MILAN (AP) — Italians vote Sunday in a referendum on constitutional reforms that is being closely watched abroad to see if Italy becomes the next country to reject the political status quo.
- Hirscher leads France challenge in WCup giant slalom 1st run
VAL D'ISERE, France (AP) — It was course specialist Marcel Hirscher vs. the home France team in the opening run of a World Cup giant slalom on Sunday.
- Penn State gives playoff committee something to ponder
The College Football Playoff selection committee was given something to ponder by Penn State.
- Penn State makes playoff case with 38-31 win over Wisconsin
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — As Penn State's band played and Lucas Oil Stadium rocked, thousands of fans clad in their traditional white shirts chanted "We Are Penn State."
ATLANTA (AP) — This was merely an annoyance for Alabama, a chance to add another trophy to its overflowing cases. The Crimson Tide did just enough things wrong to give Nick Saban something to complain about over the next month, but in the end it was another dominating victory for the nation's top-ranked team.
- Watson, Clemson claim ACC title and await playoff berth
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) â Deshaun Watson's mission is not over.