- Iraq routed IS from Ramadi at a high cost: A city destroyed
RAMADI, Iraq (AP) — This is what victory looks like in the Iraqi city of Ramadi: In the once thriving Haji Ziad Square, not a single structure still stands. Turning in every direction yields a picture of devastation.
- Eyeing national race, Trump moves on fundraising, expansion
NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump is taking his first steps toward broadening his primary insurgency into a full-fledged general election campaign, moving to unite a fractured Republican Party behind him and begin raising the massive amounts of money needed for a national race.
- Cruz's long White House run could mean newfound GOP clout
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — In finishing the Republican presidential race well ahead of Donald Trump's other rivals, Ted Cruz is likely to be a leading GOP voice for the foreseeable future.
- North Korea readies for its biggest political show in years
PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) — Its capital has been duly spruced up, the masses prepped for their rallies and leader Kim Jong Un appears to be set to take center stage Friday when North Korea pulls back the curtain on what promises to be the country's biggest political show in years, if not decades: the first full congress of its ruling party since 1980.
- Pregnant woman rescued 6 days after Kenyan building collapse
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — A pregnant woman was rescued Thursday after being trapped for six days in a collapsed apartment building in the Kenyan capital, the second survivor found this week in the rubble of the seven-story structure that fell amid heavy rains and killed 36 people.
- Manziel ordered to stay away from accuser in violence case
DALLAS (AP) — A Dallas judge has ordered former Cleveland Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel to have no contact with the alleged victim in his domestic violence case.
- Frank Vogel out in Indiana after 5-plus seasons
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Frank Vogel will not return as Indiana Pacers coach next season.
- MMA fighter Jordan Parsons dies after hit-and-run crash
DELRAY BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Police in Florida say mixed martial arts fighter Jordan Parsons has died three days after being struck by a hit-and-run driver.
- Former Lakers coach Byron Scott 'shocked' over firing
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Former Los Angeles Lakers head coach Byron Scott says he thought he had more time to right the ship before the team fired him last week.
- Big shots: Cavaliers set NBA record by making 25 3-pointers
CLEVELAND (AP) — Wearing headphones and sweats, J.R. Smith, the one Cleveland player without any restrictions on where or when he can shoot, finished his pregame warmup by stopping near half-court and launching a shot.