- Schumer: Boost communication after Penn Station stampede
NEW YORK (AP) — Sen. Charles Schumer said that the stampede that injured 16 people at New York's Penn Station just over a week ago shows a need for better coordination between law enforcement agencies at transportation hubs.
- Scams push foreclosure fraud to limit, taking victims' homes
NEW YORK (AP) — The phone call came as Raymond Murray neared the bottom of his luck. His wife had died, his career had been ended by injuries, and struggling to get by on his disability check, he had scraped together just enough to pay a lawyer to avoid imminent foreclosure on his modest Brooklyn home.
- Erin Moran, Joanie Cunningham in "Happy Days," dies at 56
NEW YORK (AP) — Erin Moran, the former child star who played Joanie Cunningham in the sitcoms "Happy Days" and "Joanie Loves Chachi," died Saturday at age 56.
- American tries to learn from United's mistakes in incident
NEW YORK (AP) — Another day, another cellphone video of a conflict on an airplane.
- Hernandez's body brought to Connecticut funeral home
BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) — Former NFL player Aaron Hernandez's body was taken to a funeral home in his Connecticut hometown Saturday, two days before his family holds a private funeral.
- Authorities drop 33 cases against Dakota Access protesters
BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Authorities dropped nearly three dozen cases last month that stemmed from arrests of protesters against the Dakota Access crude oil pipeline, court records show.
- The Latest: Passenger says flight attendant nearly hit baby
HOUSTON (AP) — The Latest on the confrontation on an American Airlines flight (all times local):
- APNewsBreak: Problems remain at troubled Washington hospital
SEATTLE (AP) — Inspectors who visited Washington state's largest psychiatric hospital found that safety problems that thrust the facility into the national spotlight after the escape of two dangerous patients a year ago persist, including neglected patients.
- Funeral services held for Ohio victim of Facebook killer
CLEVELAND (AP) — Funeral services have been held for a Cleveland retiree whose shooting death was posted on Facebook.
- Premature hippo a happy hit for Ohio zoo after gorilla death
CINCINNATI (AP) — A prematurely born hippo in Ohio has been providing regular doses of happiness for animal lovers, in a show of public affection that's also given an emotional lift to Cincinnati Zoo workers.