- Police say Munich suspect was obsessed with mass shootings
MUNICH (AP) — The 18-year-old gunman who opened fire at a crowded Munich shopping mall and fast-food restaurant, killing nine people and wounding 16 others before killing himself, was obsessed with mass shootings, police said Saturday.
- The Latest: Police say shooter posted 'invitation' online
MUNICH (AP) — The Latest on the shootings in Munich (all times local):
- Clinton and Kaine to debut as Democratic ticket in Florida
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Hillary Clinton and Tim Kaine will debut as a presidential ticket in the crucial battleground state of Florida as they head toward next week's Democratic Party convention.
- Self-assured, Kaine brings a steady hand to Clinton ticket
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Tim Kaine has an Election Day tradition when his name is on the ballot. The avid outdoorsman votes early, then goes hiking in the woods with friends and family for a few hours of calm away from the nervous last-minute energy of political campaigns.
- AP EXCLUSIVE: Iraq digs security trench around Fallujah
BAGHDAD (AP) — The Iraqi military will use a medieval tactic to keep control of Fallujah after recapturing it from the Islamic State group last month: It is digging a trench around the city.
- IOC: 45 more positive cases in retests of 2008, '12 samples
LONDON (AP) — Forty-five more athletes, including 31 medalists, have been caught for doping after retesting of samples from the last two Summer Olympics, the IOC said Friday.
- Ken Griffey Jr and Mike Piazza set to enter Hall of Fame
COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. (AP) — When they were drafted nearly three decades ago, one was on everybody's baseball radar, the other a blip at best, picked almost as an afterthought in the final round thanks to a recommendation by an important family friend.
- US romps over Argentina in first Olympic exhibition
LAS VEGAS (AP) — New team. Same old result.
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Dennis Green, the trailblazing coach who led a Minnesota Vikings renaissance in the 1990s before a less successful run with the Arizona Cardinals, has died. He was 67.
- OSU officials: Coger died after 40-minute outdoor workout
STILLWATER, Okla. (AP) — Oklahoma State basketball player Tyrek Coger died from an enlarged heart after a 40-minute team workout on the football stadium stairs in hot weather, officials said Friday.