- Russia, France agree to tighten cooperation against IS
MOSCOW (AP) — The presidents of France and Russia agreed Thursday to tighten cooperation in the fight against the Islamic State group, although they remained at odds over their approach toward Syrian President Bashar Assad.
- The Latest: Putin: Russia to cooperate with US-led coalition
BEIRUT (AP) — The latest developments regarding the war in Syria. All times local.
- Turkey-Russia spat over downed Russian warplane escalates
ANKARA, Turkey (AP) — A tug-of-war over a Russian warplane downed by a Turkish fighter jet at the border with Syria escalated Thursday, with Moscow drafting a slew of economic sanctions against Turkey and the Turkish president defiantly declaring that his military will shoot down any new intruder.
- Trump called out for appearing to mock disability
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump denied Thursday that he mocked a reporter with a disability in a South Carolina speech, despite appearing to imitate mannerisms of the "poor guy" and make fun of him.
- Teen killed by Chicago officer had broken, troubled family
CHICAGO (AP) — A black teenager shot 16 times by a white Chicago police officer was a ward of the state when he died, having spent years being shuttled between different relatives' homes and foster care from the time he was 3.
- Stafford throws 5 TD passes, Lions beat Eagles 45-14
DETROIT (AP) — Matthew Stafford dropped back and perfectly lofted the ball where only Calvin Johnson could catch it.
- Guy V. Lewis, coach of Phi Slama Jama teams, dies at 93
HOUSTON (AP) — Former University of Houston men's basketball coach Guy V. Lewis, best known for leading the Phi Slama Jama teams of the 1980s, has died. He was 93.
- Syracuse rallies in 2nd half, beats No. 18 UConn 79-76
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas (AP) — Michael Gbinije and Trevor Cooney each had 17 points and Syracuse beat No. 18 Connecticut 79-76 on Thursday to advance to the championship game of the Battle 4 Atlantis.
- Browns didn't discuss cutting Johnny Manziel before benching
BEREA, Ohio (AP) — The Browns believe sacking Johnny Manziel themselves will do him good.
- Sebastian Coe gives up role with Nike amid scrutiny
MONACO (AP) — Although new to his job, Sebastian Coe has already learned that some battles are simply not worth fighting when you're trying to lead a major sport out of crisis.