- China hopes Trump call with Taiwan leader won't damage ties
BEIJING (AP) — China's foreign minister said Saturday he hopes Beijing's relations with the U.S. would not be "interfered with or damaged" after President-elect Donald Trump broke with decadeslong diplomatic tradition and spoke directly with Taiwan's leader.
- The "Two Trumps" surface in president-elect's transition
NEW YORK (AP) — Donald Trump's skeptics hope the presidency will reveal a serious side of the brash businessman. His supporters want him to keep the freewheeling style that rattled Washington.
- A Cabinet of generals? Trump's choices get mixed reviews
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump's move to pack his administration with military brass is getting mixed reviews, as Congress and others struggle to balance their personal regard for the individuals he's choosing with a broader worry about an increased militarization of American policy.
- During first look at wildfire rubble, residents in a daze
GATLINBURG, Tenn. (AP) — Residents and business owners in Gatlinburg got their first look at the wildfire destruction on Friday, and many walked around the once-bustling tourist city in a daze, sobbing.
- Colombia repatriates dead as airline's licensing questioned
RIO NEGRO, Colombia (AP) — Victims of this week's tragic air crash in the Andes were flown home Friday as Bolivia's president called for "drastic measures" against aviation officials who signed off on a flight plan that experts and even one of the charter airline's executives said should never have been attempted because of a possible fuel shortage.
- Butler, Wade lead Bulls to 111-105 win over Cavaliers
CHICAGO (AP) — Jimmy Butler scored 26 points, Dwyane Wade had 24 and the Chicago Bulls beat LeBron James and the slumping Cleveland Cavaliers 111-105 on Friday night.
- APNewsBreak: Union backed out of deal to add 26th player
NEW YORK (AP) — Baseball players and owners had a deal to expand active rosters from 25 to 26 players for most of the season, but the union backed away in the final stages of collective bargaining.
- Alabama-Florida for SEC title looks like massive mismatch
ATLANTA (AP) — Talk about a mismatch. Alabama's defense is the best in the nation. Florida's offense looks like one of the worst.
- Column: It's Nick's World, and everyone else gets the crumbs
ATLANTA (AP) — Nick Saban rolled into the room with all the warmth of a tray of ice cubes you just pulled from the freezer.
- Tiger avoids mistakes and posts 65 in 2nd round back
NASSAU, Bahamas (AP) — Tiger Woods saved par from the dunes with a shot so good that two spectators ran over and scooped up sand for a souvenir.