- Obama shortens Manning's term, grants clemency to hundreds
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama granted clemency to Chelsea Manning on Tuesday, allowing the transgender Army intelligence officer convicted of leaking more than 700,000 U.S. documents to go free nearly three decades early.
- With clemency for Manning, attention turns to WikiLeaks head
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama's decision Tuesday to commute Chelsea Manning's sentence brought fresh attention to another figure involved in the Army leaker's case: Julian Assange.
- Putin: Obama administration trying to undermine Trump
MOSCOW (AP) — President Vladimir Putin took a parting shot at the Obama administration Tuesday, accusing it of trying to undermine Donald Trump's legitimacy with fake allegations and "binding the president-elect hand and foot to prevent him from fulfilling his election promises."
- 18 million more uninsured if Obamacare killed, not replaced
WASHINGTON (AP) — Insurance premiums would soar for millions of Americans and 18 million more would be uninsured in just one year if Republicans scuttle much of President Barack Obama's health care overhaul without a replacement, Congress' budget analysts said Tuesday.
- Caroline Kennedy leaves Japan after 3 years as US ambassador
TOKYO (AP) — Caroline Kennedy is stepping down Wednesday after three years as U.S. ambassador to Japan, where she was welcomed like a celebrity and worked to deepen the U.S.-Japan relationship despite regular flare-ups over American military bases on the southern island of Okinawa.
- Tomlin: Brown 'foolish' to livestream postgame locker room
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The father in Mike Tomlin regrets the language he used to describe the New England Patriots during the postgame speech Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown opted to livestream on social media after a taut playoff victory over Kansas City.
- Cowboys delay talk of Romo's future, likely knowing answer
FRISCO, Texas (AP) — Those closest to Tony Romo on the Cowboys aren't ready to discuss the future of the Dallas quarterback, probably because they know the likely final answer.
- Cloud of steroids hovers above Hall of Fame voting
NEW YORK (AP) — The cloud of steroids hovers above Hall of Fame voting, much like it shrouded baseball in the 1990s and early 2000s.
- Packers-Falcons NFC matchup expected to produce big offense
FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. (AP) — The high-scoring offenses of the Atlanta Falcons and Green Bay Packers appear poised to provide a memorable send-off for the Georgia Dome.
- Islanders fire coach Jack Capuano in his seventh season
Stuck in last place in the Eastern Conference, the New York Islanders fired coach Jack Capuano on Tuesday, ending one of the longest tenures in the NHL.