- Obama pushes for better rights in Vietnam after arms deal
HANOI, Vietnam (AP) — President Barack Obama on Tuesday pressed Vietnam to allow greater freedoms for its citizens, arguing that better human rights would improve the communist country's economy, stability and regional power.
- Greek authorities begin evacuation of Idomeni refugee camp
IDOMENI, Greece (AP) — Greek authorities began an operation at dawn Tuesday to gradually evacuate the country's largest informal refugee camp of Idomeni on the Macedonian border, blocking access to the area and sending in more than 400 riot police.
- Sanders: Democratic convention could be 'messy'
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Bernie Sanders predicted Monday that the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia could be "messy" as he pushed the party to adopt his progressive agenda, but added, "Democracy is not always nice and quiet and gentle."
- IS attacks undermine Iraqi state in war weary capital
BAGHDAD (AP) — Even as Iraq slowly claws back territory from the Islamic State group, faith in the government is crumbling among many, particularly the country's Shiites, angered by political disarray and the continual pounding of the capital, Baghdad, by militants' bombings.
- Smaller cities across US opening high-tech crime centers
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Live video feeds from cameras across Hartford, Connecticut, light up a wall of flat-screen monitors in a high-tech room at the city's old police department, while computers take in data from license plate readers and a gunshot detection system.
- Lowry, DeRozan lead Raptors to 105-99 win over Cav
TORONTO (AP) — A series that once looked lopsided is now even.
- Draymond Green fined $25,000, not suspended for groin kick
NEW YORK (AP) — Draymond Green was fined $25,000 but not suspended by the NBA on Monday for kicking Oklahoma City center Steven Adams in the groin.
- ON BASKETBALL: Green's history may have helped him
MIAMI (AP) — Draymond Green has a history, and in this case it seems to have been helpful.
- Indy 500 champions call safety measures greatest innovation
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Imagine climbing into your sedan in the driveway and not putting on a seatbelt, then trying to back out onto a busy street without the benefit of a rear-view mirror.
- Pavelski scores twice, Sharks top Blues to take 3-2 lead
ST. LOUIS (AP) — All the time Joe Pavelski has spent practicing his stick work has paid off big for the San Jose Sharks.