- N. Korean missile test fails hours after UN meeting on nukes
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — A North Korean mid-range ballistic missile apparently failed shortly after launch Saturday, South Korea and the United States said, the third test-fire flop just this month but a clear message of defiance as a U.S. supercarrier conducts drills in nearby waters.
- Trump: North Korea 'disrespected' China with missile test
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said Friday that North Korea had "disrespected" China by attempting to launch another ballistic missile.
- Trump tells NRA: 'You have a true friend' in White House
ATLANTA (AP) — President Donald Trump reaffirmed his support for gun rights Friday, telling attendees of a National Rifle Association convention that "the eight-year assault on your Second Amendment freedoms has come to a crashing end."
- Experts: Long road ahead for Trump offshore drilling order
President Donald Trump's executive order seeking to find new ocean expanses in the Atlantic and the Arctic for offshore drilling is unlikely to reach its goals anytime soon, but instead will kick off a yearslong review and a legal battle.
- Manafort-linked lobbying firm registers as foreign agent
WASHINGTON (AP) — A Washington lobbying firm that worked under the direction of Paul Manafort's firm registered Friday with the Justice Department as a foreign agent — the same day a spokesman for Manafort backed off his previous statement that Manafort had decided to register.
- Thomas to head to sister's funeral after Game 6 vs Bulls
BOSTON (AP) — Celtics point guard Isaiah Thomas plans to attend his sister's funeral on Saturday without missing any games in Boston's first-round playoff series against Chicago.
- The Latest: Saints trade up to take Alvin Kamara
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — The Latest on the NFL draft (all times Eastern):
- Former Cowboys star Drew Pearson trolls Eagles fans
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — How 'bout them Cowboys!
- John Wall scores 42 points, Wizards eliminate Hawks 115-99
ATLANTA (AP) — John Wall scored 42 points, Bradley Beal added 31 and the Washington Wizards withstood a furious Atlanta comeback to close out the Hawks with a 115-99 victory Friday night, winning the opening-round playoff series 4-2.
- AP source: Larry Bird steps down as Pacers president
Larry Bird started the week by driving an IndyCar down Fifth Avenue in Manhattan to stump for the NBA's All-Star weekend returning to Indiana.