- Trump team challenges intel on Russian election influence
WASHINGTON (AP) — Donald Trump's presidential transition team on Saturday challenged the veracity of U.S. intelligence assessments that Russia was trying to tip the November election to the Republican. A top Senate Democrat demanded a full congressional investigation.
- Trump expected to tap Exxon's Tillerson for State Dept. post
WASHINGTON (AP) — President-elect Donald Trump moved closer to nominating Exxon Mobil CEO Rex Tillerson as his secretary of State Saturday, meeting privately with the business leader for the second time in a week. Trump's transition team cautioned that no announcement was expected over the weekend.
- Blasts hit near Istanbul soccer stadium, wound 20 police
ISTANBUL (AP) — Two explosions struck Saturday night outside a major soccer stadium in Istanbul after fans had gone home, an attack that wounded about 20 police officers, Turkish authorities said. One of the blasts was thought to be a car bomb and the second appeared to have been caused by a suicide bomber.
- Islamic State militants re-enter Syria's historic Palmyra
BEIRUT (AP) — Islamic State militants re-entered the historic city of Palmyra in central Syria on Saturday for the first time since they were expelled by Syrian and Russian forces nine months ago.
- KKK, other racist groups disavow the white supremacist label
PELHAM, N.C. (AP) — In today's racially charged environment, there's a label that even the KKK disavows: white supremacy.
- Heisman Trophy: Sooner teammates are rare pair of finalists
NEW YORK (AP) — Together, Baker Mayfield and Dede Westbrook were practically unstoppable for Oklahoma.
- 2 Texas teams on top of their divisions hit the road
Roaring out of Texas come the Dallas Cowboys , headed to the Big Apple ready to grab a division crown and maybe more.
- No. 1 Villanova beats No. 23 Notre Dame 74-66
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Jay Wright doesn't follow who is in the running for national player of the year. However, the Villanova coach thinks he has the best player in the country in senior guard Josh Hart.
- Russia accepts IOC plan to retest Olympic doping samples
MOSCOW (AP) — Russia will accept an International Olympic Committee plan to retest all drug test samples given by its athletes at the 2012 and 2014 Olympics, Russian Deputy Prime Minister Vitaly Mutko said Saturday.
- Trump cheered by fans at annual Army-Navy game
BALTIMORE (AP) — Donald Trump was greeted with cheers on his arrival at the annual Army-Navy game on Saturday, basking in the one of the nation's most storied football rivalries as he prepares to enter the White House.