- Greece looks to reopen bailout talks as euro future in doubt
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — Greece and its membership in Europe's joint currency faced an uncertain future Monday, with time pressing for the country to reach a bailout deal with creditors after Greeks resoundingly rejected the notion of more austerity in exchange for aid.
- The Latest: EU's Dombrovskis says 'no' vote widens gap
ATHENS, Greece (AP) â The latest on the bailout referendum in Greece (all times local):
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- More than 1 million expected at pope's Mass in South America
QUITO, Ecuador (AP) — Pope Francis travels to the Ecuadorean port of Guayaquil on Monday for a Mass expected to draw more than a million people, as Latin America's first pontiff tours his home continent with a message of compassion for the weak and respect for an ailing planet.
- South Carolina lawmakers return for Confederate flag debate
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — While it appears there is broad support in the South Carolina Legislature to bring down the Confederate flag, the depth of that support will get its first test this week as lawmakers return to Columbia to come up with a specific plan.
- McIlroy ruptures ligament in ankle while playing soccer
LONDON (AP) — World No. 1 Rory McIlroy has ruptured a ligament in his left ankle while playing soccer less than two weeks before the start of his British Open title defense.
- Carli Lloyd becomes Captain America for US women
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — For a brief time Sunday night, Carli Lloyd's Wikipedia page listed her position as "President of the United States."
- Earnhardt wins rain-delayed Daytona ahead of Dillon's crash
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A horrific last-lap accident that left drivers fearing for Austin Dillon's safety muted Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s victory in the rain-delayed race at Daytona International Speedway.
- The Latest: European golfers to grace Royal Box at Wimbledon
LONDON (AP) — The Latest from Wimbledon (all times local):
- The Latest: VP Biden dotes on grandson as he watches final
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — The latest from the Women's World Cup final (all times local):