- Iraq pushes into town near Mosul after IS assault on Kirkuk
BARTELLA, Iraq (AP) — Iraqi forces pushed into a town near the Islamic State-held city of Mosul on Saturday after a wave of militant attacks in and around the northern city of Kirkuk set off more than 24 hours of heavy clashes, with ongoing skirmishes in some areas.
- Pentagon chief in Iraq to see commanders, assess Mosul fight
BAGHDAD (AP) — U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter arrived in Iraq on Saturday to meet with his commanders and assess the progress in the opening days of the operation to retake the northern city of Mosul from Islamic State militants.
- Clinton TV ad hits Trump hard; he promises an all-out effort
CLEVELAND (AP) — While Hillary Clinton unveiled an emotional television ad featuring the parents of a slain Muslim American Army captain, Donald Trump assured supporters he would have no regrets if he loses the presidential election because he was going all out in the final weeks of the campaign.
- Clinton campaign ponders 'what if' Trump doesn't concede
WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) — Hillary Clinton's campaign is increasingly preparing for the possibility that Donald Trump may never concede the presidential election should she win, a development that could enormously complicate the crucial early weeks of her preparations to take office.
- In Aleppo, jewel of Syrian rebellion faces possible collapse
BEIRUT (AP) — The Aleppo that Ibrahim al-Haj's son Laith was born into 10 months ago is now being destroyed.
- Charles Barkley has something to say about race in America
NEW YORK (AP) — Charles Barkley calls it friendly fire.
- NFL didn't learn its lesson after Ray Rice incident
After mishandling Ray Rice's domestic violence incident two years ago, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said "I got it wrong" and vowed "the same mistakes can never be repeated."
- Kershaw stands in the way of Cubs' chance to make history
CHICAGO (AP) — All that's left for the Chicago Cubs to do is make history.
- Week 8 preview: A&M vs. 'Bama; Helfrich under pressure
As the college football season makes the turn into the back half of the season, we're due for a startling upset.
- Anthem singer at Heat-76ers game kneels during performance
MIAMI (AP) — A woman performing the national anthem prior to an NBA preseason game in Miami did so while kneeling at midcourt.