- The Latest: GOP candidates attack Obamacare
MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — The Latest on the race for president, with candidates focusing on New Hampshire, which holds the first primary in the 2016 race on Tuesday (all times local):
- Taiwan rescuers find signs of life in quake rubble
TAINAN, Taiwan (AP) — Rescuers on Sunday found signs of life within the remains of a high-rise residential building that collapsed in a powerful, shallow earthquake in southern Taiwan that killed at least 18 people and injured hundreds.
- North Korea fires rocket seen as covert missile test
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — North Korea on Sunday defied international warnings and launched a long-range rocket that the United Nations and others call a cover for a banned test of technology for a missile that could strike the U.S. mainland.
- Rubio, Cruz face barrage of attacks in Republican debate
MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio, first-term senators on the rise in the presidential race, faced a barrage of attacks in Saturday night's Republican debate, with rivals challenging Cruz's controversial campaign tactics and Rubio's readiness to be president.
- Turkey under pressure as Syrians mass at border
BEIRUT (AP) — Turkey came under mounting pressure to open its border Saturday as tens of thousands of Syrians fleeing a government onslaught sought entry and the European Union called on Ankara to grant them refuge.
- Favre, Stabler, Harrison, Greene, Pace, Dungy voted to Hall
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Brett Favre and the late Ken Stabler, a pair of kindred-spirit QBs who each won a Super Bowl, were elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday.
- Newton wins Offensive Player, Berry Comeback Player
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Cam Newton is now a Super Bowl quarterback with an NFL award.
- J.J. Watt wins NFL Defensive Player award
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — J.J. Watt has won The Associated Press NFL Defensive Player of the Year award for the third time.
- KC safety Berry recovers from lymphoma, wins comeback award
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Kansas City safety Eric Berry, who missed 10 games the previous season battling lymphoma, then returned to the Chiefs to become an All-Pro, has won The Associated Press NFL Comeback Player of the Year award.
- Kansas State upsets top-ranked Oklahoma, 80-69
MANHATTAN, Kan. (AP) — Wesley Iwundu scored 22 points, freshman reserve Dean Wade had 17 and Kansas State upset top-ranked Oklahoma 80-69 on Saturday night to shake up the Big 12 race once again.