- Royals' Ventura killed in car crash in Dominican Republic
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura, whose electric arm and confident demeanor helped lead Kansas City to a long-awaited World Series championship in 2015, died in a car crash in his native Dominican Republic early Sunday. He was 25.
- Current, former major leaguers die in Dominican crashes
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (AP) — Kansas City Royals pitcher Yordano Ventura and former major leaguer Andy Marte died in separate traffic accidents early Sunday in their native Dominican Republic.
- Conference championships open with high-scoring matchup
The NFC championship game is expected to close out the Georgia Dome with a shootout, with oddsmakers expecting 60 points combined from the Atlanta Falcons and Green Bay Packers.
- Tough at the top: Murray, Kerber make 4th-round exits in Oz
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Andy Murray and Angelique Kerber had much in common heading into the first Grand Slam of the season as the No. 1 seeds.
- Feeling the pressure, Kerber loses to composed Vandeweghe
MELBOURNE, Australia (AP) — Angelique Kerber said before the Australian Open that she wasn't putting too much pressure on herself as the top-seeded player at a Grand Slam tournament for the first time.
- Prank against Steelers suspected in early hotel fire alarm
BOSTON (AP) — A man has been arrested and charged with setting off an early-morning fire alarm at a Boston hotel that roused the visiting Pittsburgh Steelers ahead of their playoff with the New England Patriots.
- Spurs coach Popovich blasts President Trump
CLEVELAND (AP) — Gregg Popovich would bench President Donald Trump.
- Leonard scores 41, Spurs down Cavaliers 118-115 in overtime
CLEVELAND (AP) — As Kawhi Leonard peeled the ice bag off his swollen left hand, Manu Ginobili hobbled through San Antonio's locker room, his back stiffened from a run-in with LeBron James.
- Durability of NFL's final 4 QBs vital to Super Bowl run
PITTSBURGH (AP) — The numbers are staggering. Over 182,000 yards passing (more than 103 miles worth), nearly 1,300 touchdowns and seven championships, with an eighth guaranteed for whoever parties in the confetti in Houston next month.
- A day after downhill win, Vonn struggles to 9th in super-G
A day after winning a downhill, Lindsey Vonn discovered how far she has to go to regain her dominance in super-G as she returns from two major injuries.