- NASCAR seeks boost to steep decline with strong Daytona 500
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — The good news for NASCAR is that all signs indicate Dale Earnhardt Jr. has a legitimate shot to win the Daytona 500.
- Suarez carries Mexican banner into NASCAR's top series
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Daniel Suarez wore a suit but ditched the tie the first time he spoke at the White House. The classy, yet casual, attire seemed to fit the moment for a speech in front of about 150 Latino students not much younger than him.
- Gibbs, Penske defend NASCAR as having bright future
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Joe Gibbs joined the list of heavy hitters defending NASCAR during one of its shakiest periods in decades.
- Stewart enjoying new role, puts Le Mans on 'bucket list'
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Tony Stewart can show up late, leave early or not even attend NASCAR practices these days.
- Transgender boy moves within 1 win of girls Texas title
CYPRESS, Texas (AP) — A 17-year-old transgender boy moved within one match of winning a Texas state girls wrestling title.
- Jets release center Mangold, longest-tenured member of team
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. (AP) — The New York Jets on Saturday released Nick Mangold, the longest-tenured member of the team.
- Ban Gone: South Carolina stepping into postseason
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — For more than 15 years, the state of South Carolina stood on the sidelines watching as big-time, postseason basketball passed it by.
- Westbrook's triple-double leads Thunder past Lakers, 110-93
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Russell Westbrook connected with his new teammates immediately.
- DeRozan has career-high 43, Raptors beat Celtics 107-97
TORONTO (AP) — New talent helped the Toronto Raptors, though a familiar face pushed them over the finish line.
- No games: Bryan tied for lead at Honda Classic
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Fla. (AP) — This was not a trick. This was a PGA Tour event.