- Penn State gives playoff committee something to ponder
The College Football Playoff selection committee was given something to ponder by Penn State.
- Penn State makes playoff case with 38-31 win over Wisconsin
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — As Penn State's band played and Lucas Oil Stadium rocked, thousands of fans clad in their traditional white shirts chanted "We Are Penn State."
- No. 1 Alabama romps past Florida 54-16 in SEC title game
ATLANTA (AP) — This was merely an annoyance for Alabama, a chance to add another trophy to its overflowing cases. The Crimson Tide did just enough things wrong to give Nick Saban something to complain about over the next month, but in the end it was another dominating victory for the nation's top-ranked team.
- Watson, Clemson claim ACC title and await playoff berth
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) â Deshaun Watson's mission is not over.
- No. 11 UCLA upsets top-ranked Kentucky 97-92
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) — Only briefly did UCLA appear vulnerable against top-ranked Kentucky in its usual charged environment that has made the Wildcats one of the hardest teams to beat at home.
- Players: Kerr's marijuana admission could spark dialogue
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — David West has undergone four surgeries in his long NBA career: left knee, right elbow and right foot twice to fix a couple of toes.
- Warriors at 106 regular season games without losing 2 in row
OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) — Nope, Stephen Curry didn't know the last time Golden State dropped two in a row during the regular season.
- Mathieu Faivre gets 1st career win in World Cup giant slalom
VAL D'ISERE, France (AP) — Mathieu Faivre led a fierce French challenge on first-run leader Marcel Hirscher of Austria to win a World Cup giant slalom on Sunday.
- Mayfield, Oklahoma top Oklahoma St. 38-20 to win Big 12
NORMAN, Okla. (AP) — With his best receiver sidelined, Baker Mayfield still boosted his Heisman Trophy resume.
- Ex-Tiger McGehee signs 1-year deal with Japan's Giants
TOKYO (AP) — Former Detroit Tigers infielder Casey McGehee has agreed to a one-year deal with the Yomiuri Giants of Japan's Central League worth $1.7 million.