- Fading fishermen: A historic industry faces a warming world
SEABROOK, N.H. (AP) — The cod isn't just a fish to David Goethel. It's his identity, his ticket to middle-class life, his link to a historic industry.
- Flood-ravaged West Virginia bracing for more rain
ANSTED, W.Va. (AP) — More heavy rains are expected in West Virginia, where floodwaters have killed at least 25 people in the past week.
- Alaska rafting deaths highlight response challenges
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — The recent deaths of two women during a rafting excursion illustrate not only how unpredictably dangerous Alaska's wilderness can be, but also how limited resources are in the nation's largest state.
- White nationalists, protesters clash in California; 10 hurt
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A white nationalist group's rally outside the California state Capitol building turned violent as fighting broke out with a larger group of counter protesters, leaving 10 people injured with stab wounds, cuts and bruises.
- Heading out of town: Independence Day travel to break record
NEW YORK (AP) — It's going to be a busy holiday weekend on the nation's highways.
- Rainbow flags, images of shooting victims at pride parades
NEW YORK (AP) — Rainbow flags were held high along with portraits of the dead as thousands of people marched Sunday in gay pride parades tempered by this month's massacre at a Florida gay nightclub.
- Fake monks? Buddhist leaders warn NYC tourists to be wary
NEW YORK (AP) — New York City Buddhist leaders are sounding the alarm to tourists: Beware the "fake monks."
- Leader to be sentenced in Ohio egg farm forced labor case
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — The leader of a scheme to smuggle teens into the U.S. and keep them as virtual slaves at an Ohio egg farm is scheduled to be sentenced Monday.
- Trial resumes for sister charged in fatal church beating
UTICA, N.Y. (AP) — Testimony is scheduled to resume in the murder trial of a New York woman accused of taking part in a group attack during a church counseling session that killed her half brother and injured another.
- Police: Man fatally shoots girlfriend with crossbow
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Police say they've arrested a man who fatally shot his girlfriend with a crossbow in Philadelphia.