- Strong quake hits Taiwan; 160 pulled alive, many trapped
TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) — A 6.4-magnitude earthquake struck southern Taiwan early Saturday, toppling a complex of two high-rise residential buildings where rescuers pulled out more than 160 people. More are still believed to be trapped inside.
- Cruz's 2016 strategy focuses on turning out white voters
PORTSMOUTH, N.H. (AP) — Ted Cruz has mapped out a path to the White House that all but ignores the explosion of minority voters in America.
- In Brazil, pregnant women urged to be cautious with a kiss
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — In a sign of mounting global concern over the Zika virus, health officials on Friday warned pregnant women to think twice about the lips they kiss and called on men to use condoms with pregnant partners if they have visited countries where the virus is present.
- Manhattan crane topples into street killing 1, injuring 3
NEW YORK (AP) — A huge construction crane being lowered to safety in a snow squall plummeted onto a Lower Manhattan street Friday, killing a Wall Street worker and leaving three people hurt by debris that scattered as the rig's lengthy boom fell, officials said.
- Speeches that earned Clinton millions remain a mystery
MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — Hillary Clinton told voters in the latest Democratic debate there's "hardly anything you don't know about me."
- Goodell proposes what might be called Odell Beckham Jr. Rule
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Call it the Odell Beckham Jr. Rule.
- Patriarch of these Denver Broncos? Former coach Dan Reeves
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Dan Reeves has barely merited a mention in the lead-up to the Super Bowl, his imprint on these Denver Broncos an afterthought.
- Louisville announces postseason ban for men's basketball
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — The president of Louisville announced a one-year postseason ban Friday for the Cardinals men's basketball team amid ongoing investigations into a sex scandal, a decision that stunned coach Rick Pitino.
- 15 Hall of Fame finalists, 4 connected to Polian
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Bill Polian entered the Pro Football Hall of Fame last year, making one of the most dynamic speeches heard at the Canton shrine.
- Thomas' mom to watch from the stands, not the cell this time
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Demaryius Thomas's mother will watch the Super Bowl from the stands at Levi's Stadium, decked out in an officially licensed orange No. 88 jersey.