- Gov't shutdown, health bill rescue at stake in Congress
WASHINGTON (AP) — Bipartisan bargainers are making progress toward a budget deal to prevent a partial federal shutdown this weekend, a major hurdle overcome when President Donald Trump signaled he would put off his demand that the measure include money to build his border wall with Mexico.
- Voices from around the world consider Trump's first 100 days
It was the most stunning political victory of the 21st century, one that brought shocked concern in many parts of the world and cheers in others. One uncontroversial certainty was that it would cause reverberations around the globe.
- Trump touts executive orders he once lambasted
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump will mark the end of his first 100 days in office with a flurry of executive orders, looking to fulfill campaign promises and rack up victories ahead of that milestone by turning to a presidential tool he once derided. But Trump's frequent use of the executive order points to his struggles getting legislation through a Congress controlled by his own party and few of the orders themselves appear to deliver the sweeping changes the president has promised.
- Arkansas conducts nation's 1st double execution since 2000
VARNER, Ark. (AP) — After going nearly 12 years without executing an inmate, Arkansas now has executed three in a few days — including two in one night.
- Ivanka Trump defends father, brushes aside groans in Berlin
BERLIN (AP) — Ivanka Trump brushed aside groans and hisses Tuesday over her father's track record and defended his attitudes toward women as she made her first international outing as a White House adviser.
- NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. to retire at end of season
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Dale Earnhardt Jr. abruptly announced his retirement at the end of the season Tuesday, a decision that will cost NASCAR its most popular driver as the series scrambles to rebuild its fan base.
- Report: Saints, running back Peterson agree on contract
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Free-agent running back Adrian Peterson has reportedly agreed to a two-year contract with the New Orleans Saints.
- Warriors get a break after drama-filled opening series
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The Warriors can breathe for a bit after a first-round series filled with drama.
- Little Big Man: Celtics' Thomas finding stride after tragedy
BOSTON (AP) — There's a cloud trailing Isaiah Thomas these days. In his basketball world, though, there's also been light. And, on occasion, even some levity.
- The old guys are coming up big so far in these playoffs
George W. Bush was early in his first term as president. Seattle was years away from losing the SuperSonics. "Arrested Development" hadn't even started airing yet.