- Iraq routed IS from Ramadi at a high cost: A city destroyed
RAMADI, Iraq (AP) — This is what victory looks like in the Iraqi city of Ramadi: In the once thriving Haji Ziad Square, not a single structure still stands. Turning in every direction yields a picture of devastation.
- AP FACT CHECK: Bringing coal jobs back to Appalachia
DALLAS (AP) — Donald Trump says he would bring back lost coal-mining jobs, and he is positioning for the November election in big coal states by portraying Hillary Clinton as a job killer.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- Senate Dems field large roster of women in the Year of Trump
WASHINGTON (AP) — If 2016 has been the Year of Trump in politics, it may also end up being a new Year of the Woman, if Democrats get their way. And that won't be a coincidence.
- Kenya: Woman found alive after 6 days in collapsed building
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — A woman has been found alive after six days in a collapsed building and rescuers are working to free her, a Kenyan government official said Thursday.
- Big shots: Cavaliers set NBA record by making 25 3-pointers
CLEVELAND (AP) — Wearing headphones and sweats, J.R. Smith, the one Cleveland player without any restrictions on where or when he can shoot, finished his pregame warmup by stopping near half-court and launching a shot.
- Hornqvist scores in OT, Penguins beat Capitals 3-2
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Patric Hornqvist makes a living by working in tight spaces. Given a rare moment of freedom from his usual spot parked in front of the opponent's net, the Pittsburgh Penguins forward pushed the Washington Capitals to the brink of elimination.
- Johnny Manziel booked in domestic violence case
DALLAS (AP) — Johnny Manziel has been booked and posted bond in a domestic violence case, one day before the former Cleveland Browns quarterback faces his first court hearing.
- Oscar De La Hoya hits Trump where it hurts, says he cheats
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Of all the things Donald Trump has been called on the campaign trail, this one might sting the most: golf cheat.
- With Lowry faltering, Dragic flourishing, Heat seek 2-0 lead
It took the Toronto Raptors 15 years to get this far again, and Kyle Lowry knows they won't go further if he doesn't play better.