- Countries, investors pledge billions for clean energy tech
Government and business leaders are banking on clean energy technology to fight global warming, kicking off this week’s high-stakes climate change negotiations by pledging billions of dollars to research and develop a technical fix to the planet’s climate woes.
- Planned Parenthood: Long a lightning rod in US culture wars
NEW YORK (AP) — As a leading defender of abortion rights and comprehensive sex education, Planned Parenthood deals daily with some of America's most contentious issues, and is well accustomed to receiving verbal threats.
- 'No more baby parts': Reclusive suspect's words draw focus
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — Robert Lewis Dear told authorities "no more baby parts" after being arrested for the shooting of a Colorado Planned Parenthood clinic, according to a law enforcement official, part of a rambling statement that investigators are parsing to understand the reasoning behind an assault that left three dead.
- Q&A on the history of attacks against Planned Parenthood
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A deadly shooting at a Colorado Planned Parenthood is the latest in a long history of violence at clinics that provide abortions and doctors who perform the procedure.
- The Latest: Pope welcomed to Central African Republic
BANGUI, Central African Republic (AP) — The latest on Pope Francis' first trip to Africa. (All times local.)
- Kobe Bryant says he will retire at end of season
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Kobe Bryant of the Los Angeles Lakers has decided to retire after this season.
- Latest from the NFL: Jimmy Graham carted off field
The latest from NFL games around the league on the 12th Sunday of the season (all times EST):
- Palmer's 8-yard TD run leads first-place Cards past 49ers
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Carson Palmer and the Arizona Cardinals had to squeak one out in ugly fashion at San Francisco to keep their winning streak alive.
- AP Top 25: Oklahoma up to No. 3, Clemson-Alabama still 1-2
Oklahoma moved up to No. 3 behind Clemson and Alabama and the Big Ten placed three teams in the top six of the new Associated Press college football poll.
- Heat check: Coaching carousel turns into roller coaster
This coaching carousel is more like a roller coaster and this weekend there was enough action to make those trying to keep up dizzy.