- Astronauts dock with space station for 1-year mission
BAIKONUR, Kazakhstan (AP) — The capsule carrying a Russian and an American who are to spend a year away from Earth has docked with the International Space Station.
- Amanda Knox murder conviction overturned by Italy high court
ROME (AP) — Italy's highest court on Friday overturned the murder conviction against Amanda Knox and her ex-boyfriend in the 2007 slaying of Knox's roommate, bringing to a definitive end the high-profile case that captivated trial-watchers on both sides of the Atlantic.
- Co-pilot appeared healthy, but may have hidden illness
MONTABAUR, Germany (AP) — Germanwings co-pilot Andreas Lubitz appeared happy and healthy to acquaintances, but a picture emerged Friday of a man who hid evidence of an illness from his employers — including a torn-up doctor's note that would have kept him off work the day authorities say he crashed Flight 9525 into an Alpine mountainside.
- The Latest: Church service in Duesseldorf for crash families
10:40 p.m. (2140 GMT, 5:40 p.m. EDT)
- German airline could face 'unlimited' damages for Alps crash
STOCKHOLM (AP) — Lufthansa could face "unlimited" compensation claims for the crash that killed 150 people in the French alps and it would be difficult, even counterproductive, for the German carrier to try to avoid liability, experts said Friday.
- Louisville beats NC State 75-65; on to Elite 8
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — Montrezl Harrell scored 24 points, reserve Anton Gill keyed a late-game surge, and Louisville beat North Carolina State 75-65 on Friday night in the East Regional semifinals of the NCAA Tournament.
- Gonzaga headed to Elite Eight for 1st time since 1999
HOUSTON (AP) — Przemek Karnowski had 18 points and nine rebounds and second-seeded Gonzaga used a big run early in the second half to pull away for a 74-62 win over No. 11 UCLA on Friday night in the Houston Regional semifinals of the NCAA Tournament.
- Notre Dame eyes history, shot at upsetting No. 1 Kentucky
CLEVELAND (AP) — Beware, Kentucky. That little leprechaun looms.
- Durant to have another surgery, miss rest of season
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — NBA MVP Kevin Durant will miss the rest of the season and have bone graft surgery next week to treat a fractured bone in his right foot.
- Column: Is Kentucky the greatest college team ever? Might be
With every dominating win — we're up to 37-0 — it becomes more and more apparent that Kentucky really isn't competing against the remaining teams in the NCAA Tournament.