- GOP candidates set sights on South in presidential debate
GREENVILLE, S.C. (AP) — Republican presidential candidates turn their sights on the South in Saturday night's debate, with Marco Rubio looking to right his campaign after a costly stumble that gave new hope to some of his rivals.
- Pope gives tough love to Mexico's political, church elite
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Pope Francis issued a tough-love message to Mexico's political and church elites Saturday, telling them they have a duty to provide their people with security, justice and courageous pastoral care to confront the drug-inspired violence and corruption that are tormenting the country.
- Viewers' Guide: GOP hopefuls spar in South Carolina
WASHINGTON (AP) — Serious issues are facing the Republican presidential candidate in their debate Saturday night in South Carolina. The state has a deep-rooted military culture and is still reeling from the shooting deaths of nine black parishioners at a Charleston church in June.
- Russian PM: West is rekindling the Cold War with NATO moves
MUNICH (AP) — Russia's prime minister accused NATO on Saturday of restarting the Cold War amid increased military maneuvers and troop deployments to countries neighboring Russia, moves the alliance's top official defended as a necessary response to aggression from Moscow.
- Syria truce hopes dim as Russia is skeptical, fighting rages
MUNICH (AP) — Hopes of securing a temporary truce in Syria within a week dimmed Saturday as Syrian government forces tightened the noose around rebel-held parts of Aleppo and Russia's foreign minister put the chances of a quick truce at less than 50 percent. His comments and strong words from U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry underscored deep U.S.-Russian disagreements over Syria.
- The Latest: Jimmer scores 35, East wins D-League All-Star
TORONTO (AP) — The Latest on Saturday's events at the NBA's All-Star Weekend in Toronto (all times local):
- Seeking a Splash: Klay goes for All-Star 3s upset of Curry
TORONTO (AP) — Klay Thompson believes, even if he knows many don't.
- Carmelo Anthony says he has no plans to leave Knicks
TORONTO (AP) — Carmelo Anthony said Saturday he has no plans to leave the New York Knicks and is angry about a report linking him to trade talks.
- Mets pitcher Jenrry Mejia 1st to draw lifetime drug ban
NEW YORK (AP) — Mets reliever Jenrry Mejia became the first player to receive a lifetime ban under Major League Baseball's drug agreement after testing positive for a performance-enhancing substance for the third time.
- Cragg wins marathon trial, earns spot on US Olympic Team
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Amy Cragg has won the steamy U.S. Olympic Team Marathon Trials, earning a berth to the Rio Games.