- Crunch time for Greece as IMF debt looms and bailout ends
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — It's crunch time for Greece, with the European part of its international bailout expiring Tuesday and with it any possible access to the remaining rescue loans it contains that it needs to pay its debts.
- The Latest: European stocks trim losses on deal speculation
ATHENS, Greece (AP) — The latest news on Greece's financial woes on a day a big repayment to the International Monetary Fund is due and the country's bailout program with European creditors ends (all times local):
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- NATO: Coalition convoy targeted in suicide attack in Kabul
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — A suicide attacker driving an explosives-packed vehicle targeted a NATO military convoy in the Afghan capital, Kabul, on Tuesday, police and a NATO official said.
- After ruling, Oklahoma prepared to carry out 3 executions
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Oklahoma's attorney general requested execution dates for three death row inmates Monday, just hours after the U.S. Supreme Court upheld the use of one of the drugs the state uses in its lethal injection protocol.
- Wimbledon Lookahead: Smallest group of US men since 1947
LONDON (AP) — The seven U.S. men in the Wimbledon main draw represent the country's smallest contingent since 1947, when only five played at the grass-court Grand Slam tournament.
- Serena Williams' Wimbledon starts slow; Venus wins 6-0, 6-0
LONDON (AP) — As has become customary for Serena Williams of late, she got off to a rocky start.
- Indians Cody Anderson loses perfect game in 7th inning
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Somewhere around the fourth inning, Cody Anderson realized he was chasing perfection.
- LEADING OFF: Sale's K streak, Verlander and Hamilton back
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues today:
- Knicks thinking big, looking for some size in free agency
NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Knicks will be thinking big in free agency.