- Obama seals Iran deal win as Senate Democrats find 34 votes
WASHINGTON (AP) — Overcoming ferocious opposition, President Barack Obama secured a legacy-defining foreign policy victory Wednesday as Senate Democrats clinched the necessary votes to ensure the Iran nuclear agreement survives in Congress.
- AP sources: GOP seeks pledge to avert Trump third-party run
WASHINGTON (AP) — Seeking to avert a 2016 disaster, the Republican National Committee on Wednesday challenged every GOP presidential candidate to sign a pledge not to undertake a third-party bid under any circumstances.
- China marks Japan WWII defeat, shows rising power in parade
BEIJING (AP) — China's leader presided over a parade of tanks, missiles and troops that displayed growing military might Thursday as fighter jets roared overhead, but pledged a 300,000 reduction in troops in a bid to show his country poses no expansionist threat.
- In Alaska, Obama becomes 1st president to enter the Arctic
KOTZEBUE, Alaska (AP) â President Barack Obama crossed the Arctic Circle on Wednesday in a first by a sitting U.S. president, telling residents in a far-flung Alaska village that their plight should be the world's wake-up call on global warming.
- Guatemala president ordered detained in corruption probe
GUATEMALA CITY (AP) — A Guatemalan judge issued an order to detain President Otto Perez Molina in a government corruption scandal that has thrown the country into turmoil.
- Feeling 'tight,' Serena Williams moves forward in Slam bid
NEW YORK (AP) — The enormity of what is at stake for Serena Williams at the U.S. Open — the first true Grand Slam in tennis in more than a quarter of a century — hit her Wednesday.
- Latest on US Open: No. 1 seed Djokovic dances into 3rd round
NEW YORK (AP) — The latest on the U.S. Open (all times local):
- Redskins GM's wife apologizes for tweet about reporter
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) — The wife of Washington Redskins general manager Scot McCloughan has apologized for "disparaging" and "unfounded" comments on her Twitter account about an ESPN reporter.
- Zayat: American Pharoah's future to be announced soon
NEW YORK (AP) — Decision day may be at hand for Triple Crown winner American Pharoah.
- Report: Ohio State QB Jones taken to hospital for headache
Ohio State quarterback Cardale Jones was taken to the hospital because of a headache, his mother told The Toledo Blade.