- Survivors pulled from China boat capsizing; hundreds missing
JIANLI, China (AP) — Divers on Tuesday pulled three people alive from inside an overturned cruise ship and searched for other survivors, state media said, giving some small hope to an apparently massive tragedy with well over 400 people still missing on the Yangtze River.
- FBI behind mysterious surveillance aircraft over US cities
WASHINGTON (AP) — The FBI is operating a small air force with scores of low-flying planes across the country carrying video and, at times, cellphone surveillance technology — all hidden behind fictitious companies that are fronts for the government, The Associated Press has learned.
- With law expired, Senate mulls changes to phone collection
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Senate now will decide the fate of a House bill backed by the president that would end the National Security Agency's collection of American calling records while preserving other surveillance authorities.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- Iraq allies, including US, to enable arms supply against IS
PARIS (AP) — A senior U.S. diplomat says the coalition of countries arrayed against Islamic State extremists will make it easier to get weapons to the Iraqi soldiers that need them.
- Adrian Peterson returns to Minnesota Vikings
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Adrian Peterson is coming back to the Minnesota Vikings, telling The Associated Press that he will participate in the team's voluntary practice on Tuesday and still has love for his team after nine months away.
- FIFA says Valcke not behind $10m payment in corruption probe
ZURICH (AP) — Amid a deepening corruption crisis within soccer's governing body, FIFA defended its second-in-command on Tuesday by trying to distance him from claims he helped authorize $10 million in bribes for World Cup bidding votes.
- 2008 champion Ivanovic back in semifinals at French Open
PARIS (AP) — Ana Ivanovic advanced to the semifinals of a major tournament for the first time since winning her only Grand Slam title at the French Open seven years ago with a 6-3, 6-2 win over Elina Svitolina.
- AP Source: Bulls plan to introduce Hoiberg as coach
CHICAGO (AP) — The Mayor is moving to Chicago.
- The Latest: Ivanovic 1st player through to French Open semis
PARIS (AP) — The Latest from the French Open: