- The Latest: National pavilions save the world colorfully
PARIS (AP) — The latest news from the U.N. climate conference that began Monday in Paris. All times local:
LE BOURGET, France (AP) — Addressing the twin threats of global warming and extremist violence, the largest group of world leaders ever to stand together kicked off two weeks of high-stakes climate talks outside Paris on Monday, saying that by striking an ambitious deal to cut emissions they can show terrorists what countries can achieve when they are united.
- Key sticking points in UN climate talks
PARIS (AP) — Some 180 countries have already presented plans to cut or rein in their climate-warming greenhouse gas emissions.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- The Latest: Pope Francis wraps up Africa trip
BANGUI, Central African Republic (AP) — The latest on Pope Francis' first trip to Africa. (All times local.)
- Osweiler gets first comeback win, Broncos beat Pats 30-24
DENVER (AP) — Brock Osweiler engineered his first comeback win in only his second NFL start.
- Kobe Bryant says he will retire at end of season
LOS ANGELES (AP) — After 20 years in a Lakers uniform and a lifetime in basketball, Kobe Bryant determined that his aching body and his passion for the game had both grown weaker than his excitement about the future.
- ICYMI in NFL's Week 12: Gronk injured; Pats lose to Broncos
There was Rob Gronkowski, the NFL's best tight end and Tom Brady's only real receiving threat remaining, getting carted to the locker room, shortly after he writhed on the snow-covered turf, his right leg in pain.
- Fantasy sports companies weigh leaving US market _ for now
BOSTON (AP) — Yahoo remains active. CBS has quietly withdrawn. And lesser known daily fantasy sports companies are scaling back.
- Palmer's 8-yard TD run leads first-place Cards past 49ers
SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — With two running backs down, Arizona's ground game kept getting stuffed. So Carson Palmer took charge.