- Omar Minaya leaves Padres, joins union as adviser
NEW YORK (AP) — Omar Minaya is switching sides.
- White Sox agree to $2M deal with Beckham, cut Viciedo
CHICAGO (AP) — The White Sox were looking to add versatility to their lineup, so they decided to bring back infielder Gordon Beckham after trading him last season.
- Marlins finalize $2 million, 1-year deal with Ichiro Suzuki
MIAMI (AP) — Ichiro Suzuki has passed his physical and finalized a $2 million, one-year contract with the Miami Marlins.
- Chicago Cubs' Ernie Banks statue moved downtown for tribute
CHICAGO (AP) — Ernie Banks fans got their first chance to pay their respects to the most famous and beloved Chicago Cub who ever played after the statue of the Hall of Famer was placed in a downtown plaza Wednesday.
- AP source: Yanks thinking of not making $6M payment to A-Rod
NEW YORK (AP) — The New York Yankees are thinking about not making a $6 million payment to Alex Rodriguez if he hits six home runs and ties Willie Mays at 660 for fourth place on the career list.