- Goldschmidt homers, D-Backs beat Cubs 4-3 to take series
PHOENIX (AP) — Paul Goldschmidt hit his second home run in three days and the Arizona Diamondbacks beat the Chicago Cubs 4-3 on Sunday to win the three-game series.
- Liriano strikes out 12, Pirates sweep Mets
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Francisco Liriano kept up Pittsburgh's strikeout parade, fanning 12 as the Pirates beat the New York Mets 9-1 Sunday for a three-game sweep.
- Wacha improves to 7-0, Cards end 3-game skid by beating KC
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Unbeaten Michael Wacha won for the seventh straight time this year and the St. Louis Cardinals ended their season-worst three-game losing streak by beating the Kansas City Royals 6-1 Sunday.
- Encarnacion and Goins homer, Blue Jays beat Mariners 8-2
TORONTO (AP) — Aaron Sanchez gave the Toronto Blue Jays the start they needed.
- Foltynewicz pitches into 8th, Braves beat Brewers 2-1
ATLANTA (AP) — Rookie Mike Foltynewicz pitched three-hit ball for 7 2-3 innings, leading the Atlanta Braves over the Milwaukee Brewers 2-1 Sunday.