- Rodriguez participates in Yankees first full-squad workout
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — A sixth-grader making his first visit to spring training stood along a fence outside George M. Steinbrenner Field waiting to get a glimpse of his favorite player.
- AP source: K-Rod, Brewers agree to $13M, 2-year deal
PHOENIX (AP) — Francisco Rodriguez will be jogging out of the bullpen again for the Milwaukee Brewers.
- No word on possible MLB discipline for Angels star Hamilton
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — Los Angeles Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton was on the minds of his teammates Thursday, a day after he was in New York to meet with Major League Baseball officials about an unspecified disciplinary issue.
- Cards' Adam Wainwright diagnosed with abdominal strain
JUPITER, Fla. (AP) — Adam Wainwright has been diagnosed with an abdominal strain but the St. Louis ace could be available to pitch the Cardinals' opener at Wrigley Field on April 5.
- Jays outfielder Saunders injures knee, likely out until July
DUNEDIN, Fla. (AP) — Toronto Blue Jays left fielder Michael Saunders could be sidelined until around the All-Star break after stepping on a sprinkler while shagging fly balls and tearing cartilage in his left knee.