- Judge: Confession can be used in missing boy trial
NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City judge has ruled that videotaped confessions by a man charged with killing a boy who vanished in 1979 can be used at his upcoming murder trial.
- Baltimore man arrested in stabbing, sex assault
BALTIMORE (AP) — A Baltimore man has been arrested in the near-fatal stabbing of an acquaintance and the sexual assault of the victim's girlfriend.
- Trucker found guilty in NY crash that killed 6
ANTWERP, N.Y. (AP) — A truck driver who initiated a chain-reaction crash two years ago that killed six people in northern New York has been found guilty of reckless driving.
- Thai editor sentenced to jail for defaming king
BANGKOK (AP) — A military court in junta-ruled Thailand sentenced a Web editor to 4 1/2 years in jail Monday for publishing an article five years ago that it said defamed the nation's king.
- Mom charged with trying to kill baby left in drain
SYDNEY (AP) — A 30-year-old Australian has been charged with trying to kill her newborn son by abandoning him in a roadside drain for five days before passers-by heard his cries, police said Monday.