- Canada seeks stay of bail against former Gitmo inmate
TORONTO (AP) — Canada is seeking an emergency stay of a judge's decision to give a former Guantanamo Bay inmate bail while he appeals his conviction in a Washington court for war crimes.
- Woman's grandson finds gun police say suspect dumped in yard
GARDEN CITY, Idaho (AP) — A Garden City woman wants answers and accountability after her grandson handed her a gun that police say was dumped there by a Wyoming man charged with armed robbery.
- Family of boy shot by police: Don't delay suit against cops
CLEVELAND (AP) — Attorneys for the family of a 12-year-old Cleveland boy who was fatally shot by police don't want a judge to delay their lawsuit against two officers while the criminal investigation is pending.
- NY Senate leader says he is innocent of corruption charges
NEW YORK (AP) — New York's Senate leader says he is innocent of federal corruption charges.
- US gives $45 million to help Kenya with refugee crisis
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — The United States said Monday it will give $45 million to help Kenya deal with an increasingly complex refugee crisis in a region long defined by Somalia's endemic violence, but where war in nearby Yemen is now creating conditions so dire that some people are even fleeing to Somalia.