- Opponents of Initiative 1366 file new suit in King County
OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) — Opponents of Tim Eyman's latest tax-limiting initiative filed a new lawsuit this week seeking to have the law invalidated.
- Opponents ask high court to block Native Hawaiian vote count
HONOLULU (AP) — Opponents of an election designed to be a significant step toward Native Hawaiian self-governance are asking the U.S. Supreme Court to block votes from being counted in what they argue is an unconstitutional, racially exclusive process.
- Washington university cancels classes over hate speech
SEATTLE (AP) — After a racist thread on social media sparked outrage on a quiet Washington state campus, college officials sent students home a day early for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- N. Illinois University removes Bibles from campus hotel
DEKALB, Ill. (AP) — Bibles can no longer be found in the rooms of Northern Illinois University's campus hotel after a secular group complained it had no place in nightstands.
- Franklin hoping to speed up program development with win
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) — Processing expectations of fans who've grown tired of middle-of-the-pack Big Ten finishes is the hardest part of James Franklin's job.