- Euro-area joblessness falls to lowest level since early 2012
(c) 2015, Bloomberg News.
- Germany: up to $3.7B needed next year to integrate refugees
BERLIN (AP) — The German economy has room to accommodate refugees, the labor minister said Tuesday, but the government will need to spend billions of extra euros (dollars) to cover language courses, benefits and their integration into the labor market.
- AP National News Calendar
Eds: Major scheduled events for the week of August 30 - September 5. Note that many events are subject to change at the last minute.
- Weekly unemployment insurance claims decrease
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — First-time claims for unemployment insurance in Louisiana for the week ending Aug. 22 decreased from the previous week's total.
- US consumer spending up moderate 0.3 percent in July
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. consumers increased their spending moderately in July, as wages and salaries made their biggest jump in eight months.