- Florida to release November unemployment numbers
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — Florida is releasing the last round of unemployment numbers for the year.
- Unemployment claims up, driven by seasonal layoffs
CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) — Nevada officials say initial claims for unemployment insurance climbed in November likely because of seasonal and short-term jobs ending.
- Kentucky unemployment rate drops to 6-year low
FRANKFORT, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky officials say the state's unemployment rate dropped to 6 percent in November, the lowest rate in more than six years.
- Illinois jobless rate falls to 6.4 percent
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. (AP) — Illinois' unemployment rate fell in November to its lowest level since June 2008, hitting 6.4 percent, the state Department of Employment Security said Thursday.
- Rhode Island's jobless rate falls to 7.1 percent
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — Rhode Island's unemployment rate fell to 7.1 percent in November as the state added a few thousand jobs, according to a new labor report called good news by outgoing Gov. Lincoln Chafee.