- Report: Employers in state added 4,800 jobs in December
WETHERSFIELD, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut employers added 4,800 jobs in December, helping push down the unemployment rate a notch, to 6.4 percent, the state Department of Labor announced Monday.
- US jobless aid applications drop for 1st time in 4 weeks
WASHINGTON (AP) — The number of Americans seeking unemployment benefits fell last week for the first time in a month, a sign that layoffs remain low and hiring is probably still healthy.
- Washington unemployment rate rises slightly to 6.3 percent
OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) — The jobless rate in Washington rose slightly in December to 6.3 percent, but the big news Thursday from the state Employment Security Department is that employment growth last year was the highest in 17 years.
- Georgia unemployment rate falls to 6.9 percent
ATLANTA (AP) — State labor officials say Georgia's unemployment rate has dropped to 6.9 percent.
- State's jobless rate off 0.4 points to 6.3 percent
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan's seasonally adjusted unemployment rate continued its rapid decline last month, falling 0.4 percentage points to 6.3 percent and its lowest level in 12 years, the state said Wednesday.