- NM reports jobless rate down slightly in November
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico's unemployment rate dropped slightly to 6.4 percent last month.
- Miss. jobs picture improves slightly in November
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi's unemployment rate ticked down to 8.3 percent in November, as the state's economy continued to progress slowly.
- End of long-term jobless benefits will hurt more in some states than others
The end of long-term unemployment benefits this month means millions of Americans could be left without their sole source of income while they look for work. In 2013 alone, the federal aid program sent more than $25.6 billion flowing into unemployed workers’ pockets and shored up states’ struggling economies.
- La. jobless rate drops for third month in a row
Louisiana's unemployment rate fell for the third straight month in November, hitting 6.3 percent as the state's job market continued its recovery from a slowdown in 2013's first half.
- Va.'s jobless rate falls slightly in November
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — The Virginia Employment Commission says the state's jobless rate fell slightly to 5.4 percent in November.