- Applications for US jobless aid fell sharply last week
WASHINGTON (AP) — Fewer Americans applied for unemployment benefits last week in a sign of a stable job market despite the slowing global economy hitting stocks and commodities.
- Initial unemployment claims in Louisiana rise
BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) — First-time claims for unemployment insurance in Louisiana for the week ending Jan. 30 increased from the previous week's total.
- The number of unemployed millennials is shrinking
WASHINGTON (AP) — Good news for parents: Millennials in their early 20s found work in January.
- US adds just 151k jobs in Jan.; 4.9 pct. jobless rate
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. employers added 151,000 jobs in January, a deceleration from recent months as companies shed education, transportation and temporary workers but hired others in manufacturing, retail and food services.
- Asian stocks directionless ahead of US jobless report
HONG KONG (AP) — Asian stock markets were uneven on Friday as investors awaited U.S. job numbers that could influence how much the Fed raises interest rates this year. Japanese shares sagged on the strengthening yen.