- Japan plans extra budget, handouts, to pump up recovery
TOKYO (AP) — Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has ordered Cabinet ministers to prepare an extra spending package, including cash handouts for the poorest pensioners, seeking to breathe fresh life into Japan's stalling recovery.
- Jobless rates keep dropping in Nevada metro areas
CARSON CITY, Nev. (AP) — Unemployment rates continue to fall in Nevada's three main metropolitan areas.
- Applications for US unemployment benefits fall to 260,000
WASHINGTON (AP) — The number of people seeking U.S. unemployment aid dropped sharply last week, the Labor Department said Wednesday, the latest sign that businesses are cutting few jobs.
- Most Illinois metro jobless rates fall but many lose jobs
CHICAGO (AP) — The Illinois Department of Employment Security says unemployment rates dropped in most of the state's metro areas in October.
- Louisiana payroll numbers shrink, flashing recession warning
Louisiana's labor market slipped in October, as the unemployment rate rose and payroll employment fell.