- Venice officials shut down mosque-inside-church art exhibit
MILAN (AP) — Authorities in Venice on Friday closed a working mosque in an ex-church that was Iceland's contribution to the 56th Venice Biennale contemporary art fair on the grounds that it was being improperly used as a place of worship.
- TLC pulls Duggar family series amid misconduct reports
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (AP) — TLC pulled the reality series "19 Kids and Counting" from its schedule on Friday, a move that follows reports of sexual misconduct allegations against one of the stars, Josh Duggar, stemming from when he was a juvenile.
- De Niro tells NY arts graduates 'You have to keep working'
NEW YORK (AP) — Robert De Niro urged new graduates at New York University's Tisch School of the Arts on Friday to keep fighting to create careers in the arts even though it probably would have been easier if they had picked something more practical.
- TV miniseries 'Texas Rising' takes big-screen approach
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The success of "Hatfields & McCoys" and "The Bible" inspired the History channel to go Texas-sized big with its new miniseries.
- Gordon, Tristano, Johnson voted into Jazz Hall of Fame
NEW YORK (AP) — Saxophonist Dexter Gordon and pianists James P. Johnson and Lennie Tristano are the newest inductees into Jazz at Lincoln Center's Ertegun Jazz Hall of Fame.
- Harvey Keitel's hunger still strong in Sorrentino's 'Youth'
CANNES, France (AP) — The aging stars of "Youth" are slowly rousing the morning after a late night in Cannes celebrating the premiere of Paolo Sorrentino's latest film.
- Long lines likely for Las Vegas public viewing of B.B. King
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Fans in Las Vegas are expected to line up for hours to view the body of blues legend B.B. King, and later to celebrate his legacy at a musical tribute organized by his daughter.
- Rockefeller makes rare appearance ahead of 100th birthday
MOUNT DESERT, Maine (AP) — David Rockefeller has made a rare public appearance ahead of his 100th birthday.
- Michael Fassbender on making 'Macbeth': 'the Scottish film'
CANNES, France (AP) — Michael Fassbender doesn't know if the "Macbeth" curse carries over to movie adaptations, but he'd rather not test it.
- Tim Roth deals with death, sadness in Cannes entry 'Chronic'
CANNES, France (AP) — Tim Roth toned things down for his role in the Cannes Film Festival entry "Chronic."