- Falcons announce 5-year contract extension for Julio Jones
ATLANTA (AP) — The Atlanta Falcons agreed to a $71.25 million, five-year contract extension with Julio Jones on Saturday that compares favorably with recent deals paid to other top wide receivers.
- Packers' Randall Cobb leaves game with shoulder injury
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Receiver Randall Cobb has left the Packers' preseason game Saturday night against the Philadelphia Eagles with a shoulder injury.
- Stafford, Bortles shine as Lions beat Jaguars 22-17
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Matthew Stafford didn't even need Calvin Johnson to carve up the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Redskins say QB Griffin to miss Ravens game
ASHBURN, Va. (AP) — Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III will miss Saturday's exhibition game at Baltimore because of a concussion, reversing an earlier decision to let him play.
- Identifying zone-read plays makes it tough to protect QBs
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — If Chip Kelly, Pete Carroll and other NFL coaches want to run zone-read plays, their quarterbacks are fair game — even when they don't have the ball.