- Canucks' Miller makes 20 saves in 5-2 win over Sabres
VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) — Ryan Miller made 20 saves in his first game against his former team, and the Vancouver Canucks sent the Buffalo Sabres to their 14th straight regulation loss — 5-2 on Friday night.
- Kane, Sharp lead Blackhawks' 4-1 rout of Anaheim Ducks
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Patrick Sharp got the puck on the boards and abruptly whipped it in front to Patrick Kane, who scored before the Anaheim Ducks even knew where it went.
- Varmalov makes 23 saves in Avs' shutout of Predators
DENVER (AP) — Semyon Varlamov made 23 saves for his fourth shutout of the season, and the Colorado Avalanche beat the Nashville Predators 3-0 on Friday night.
- Despres' OT goal rallies Penguins over Devils 2-1
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Defenseman Simon Despres scored 2:21 into overtime and the Pittsburgh Penguins rallied late and beat the New Jersey Devils 2-1 on Friday night.
- Shattenkirk's shootout goal lifts Blues past Hurricanes 3-2
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — Kevin Shattenkirk scored in the shootout and the St. Louis Blues beat the Carolina Hurricanes 3-2 on Friday night for their fourth straight win.