- Stocks end skid on strong earnings, more stability in China
NEW YORK (AP) — Global stocks steadied and U.S. markets marched higher Tuesday, as investors were encouraged by strong results from UPS, Ford and other big companies.
- Global markets stabilize; US indexes open higher on earnings
NEW YORK (AP) — U.S. stocks are opening higher after UPS, Ford and other big companies reported earnings gains and as markets in China and Europe stabilized.
- China stocks volatile after big fall, Hong Kong rises
BEIJING (AP) — China's stock market was volatile Tuesday after falling the most in eight years the day before while other markets also flitted between gains and losses.
- A weak open for US stocks; Chinese market drops sharply
NEW YORK (AP) — U.S. stocks are getting off to a weak start, continuing a recent stretch of losses.
- Asian stocks lower as investors wary of China, Fed meeting
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) — Asian stock markets were lower Monday as weak Chinese manufacturing accelerated the sell-off in oil and other commodities. Investors were also cautious ahead of the Federal Reserve's policy meeting later this week.