- Brissett rallies N.C. State to 24-23 win over Georgia Southern
RALEIGH, N.C. — In the first half of Saturday’s season opener against Georgia Southern, N.C. State looked a lot like the team that finished the 2013 season.
- QB Murphy carries BC past UMass, 30-7
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Tyler Murphy ran for 118 yards and a touchdown, carrying Boston College to a 30-7 victory over in-state rival Massachusetts on Saturday in the season opener for both schools.
- Is a quarterback controversy brewing for Virginia?
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (AP) — Even Matt Johns was surprised to hear his number called before halftime.
- Lightning delays start of second half
LARAMIE, Wyo. (AP) — Lightning has delayed the second-half kickoff for the Montana-Wyoming football game. Montana leads at the half, 6-3.
- Owens leads Air Force to 44-16 win over Nicholls
AIR FORCE ACADEMY, Colo. (AP) — Jacobi Owens rushed for 233 yards in his Air Force debut and Devin Rushing scored two short touchdowns, helping the Falcons beat Nicholls 44-16 on Saturday for their 19th straight win over a team from the Football Championship Subdivision.