- New Jersey man pleads guilty in $6M mortgage fraud scam
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Prosecutors say a New Jersey man has admitted to taking part in a mortgage scheme using fake documents and straw buyers to acquire more than $6 million in mortgages on properties.
- US average rate on 30-year home loans rises to 3.87 percent
Average U.S. long-term rates rose this week to their highest level so far this year as new data showed strength in the housing market.
- Mortgage rates increase to highest for 2015
(c) 2015, Bloomberg News.
- Average US rate on 30-year mortgage rises to 3.87 pct.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Average long-term U.S. mortgage rates rose this week to their highest level so far this year as new data showed strength in the housing market.
- Authorities: Business targeted people facing foreclosure
LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Authorities say a lawyer and his business stole hundreds of thousands of dollars from more than 100 people in Michigan that were facing mortgage foreclosures.