- New York City man sentenced for mortgage scam in New Jersey
FREEHOLD, N.J. (AP) — A New York City man who stole more than $187,000 from two New Jersey couples who thought he was helping them with their mortgages has been sentenced to seven years in prison.
- Program to make home financing more accessible in Detroit
DETROIT (AP) — A newly created program is expected to help revive Detroit neighborhoods by making mortgages easier to get for people looking to buy homes in the city.
- US average rate on 30-year home loan rises to 3.67 percent
Average U.S. long-term mortgage rates rose slightly this week but remained close to historically low levels.
- Average US rate on 30-year mortgage edges up to 3.67 percent
WASHINGTON (AP) — Average long-term U.S. mortgage rates rose slightly this week but remained close to historically low levels with the spring home-buying season underway.
- Bakersfield couple plead guilty in mortgage fraud scheme
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (AP) — A husband and wife from Bakersfield are the latest defendants to plead guilty in connection with a complex mortgage fraud scheme.