- Vegas mortgage fraud scheme mastermind sentenced
LAS VEGAS (AP) — The mastermind of a Las Vegas mortgage fraud scheme has been sentenced to just over 11 years in prison.
- Deutsche Bank to pay $1.92B in settlement
McLEAN, Va. (AP) — Deutsche Bank will pay $1.4 billion euros ($1.92 billion) to settle a mortgage-backed securities dispute with the Federal Housing Finance Agency, on behalf of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- Iowa joins settlement in mortgage services matter
DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Borrowers in Iowa are set to receive about $3.5 million as part of a multistate settlement with a Georgia-based mortgage services company over allegations of misconduct.
- NH borrowers to benefit in mortgage servicer case
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Borrowers in New Hampshire will receive about $6 million in loan balance reductions as part of a national agreement between one of the largest U.S. mortgage servicers and 49 states over foreclosure abuses.
- Waterford man sentenced for mortgage fraud scheme
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Federal prosecutors say a Waterford man has been sentenced to more than four years in prison for operating an extensive mortgage fraud scheme in eastern Connecticut.