- Missouri woman sentenced for fraud and embezzlement
JEFFERSON CITY, Mo. (AP) — A former branch manager of a central Missouri title company will serve two years and six months without parole for mortgage fraud and embezzlement.
- Average US rate on 30-year mortgage rises to 3.66 pct.
WASHINGTON (AP) — Average long-term U.S. mortgage rates rose slightly this week after four straight weeks of declines, while remaining near historically low levels.
- NYC man sentenced in Va. for multi-state fraud, ID theft
NEWPORT NEWS, Va. (AP) — A New York City man has been sentenced in Virginia to more than 14 years in prison for conspiracy to commit bank fraud and aggravated identity theft.
- S&P close to $1.37B deal over risky mortgage bond ratings
WASHINGTON (AP) — Standard & Poor's is close to a $1.37 billion settlement with the Obama administration and U.S. states over allegations it knowingly inflated its ratings of risky mortgage investments that helped trigger the financial crisis.
- Prosecutors: Man admits role in wife's mortgage fraud scheme
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — A construction company owner admitted to concealing a mortgage fraud scheme carried out by his wife, who obtained seven loans totaling more than $3.7 million on two properties in northern New Jersey.