- Sale of church building to mosque puts spotlight on faith
BURLINGTON, N.C. (AP) — What began as a real estate transaction ushered in a partnership members hope will reach across faiths to strengthen the community.
- Berjac of Oregon faces mail fraud, money laundering charges
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Berjac of Oregon attracted investors through a basic business model, but prosecutors say at some point, the company started making risky bets on real estate and investors had no idea.
- Construction drops amid restrictions on home building
SUDBURY, Mass. (AP) — After Raytheon Co. announced last year it would close its longtime research facility in Sudbury, town officials outlined their vision for redevelopment of the 50-acre site: a mixed-use project of retail, office space, and homes, including rental units to meet state affordable housing requirements.
- Danville native in search of a Davenport
DANVILLE, Va. (AP) — It all started when Joe Scott purchased a fixer-upper house on North Main Street. As soon as the deed transferred, all the history of the more than a century old house fell into his hands.
- Gut wins giant slalom as Shiffrin crashes near finish
ASPEN, Colo. (AP) — Mikaela Shiffrin had a big lead and was just a few turns from winning a World Cup race at home for the first time.