- China enlists monkeys to keep birds from spoiling big parade
BEIJING (AP) — China is leaning on the animal kingdom — including a squad of nest-wrecking monkeys — to ensure its military parade commemorating the end of World War II goes smoothly.
- Taiwan swipe card with porn star image sells out in 4 hours
TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) — A special edition swipe card for Taiwan's mass transit featuring the clothed image of a Japanese porn star sold out within hours overnight via a telephone hotline, despite a storm of opposition.
- Senator with son named McKinley decries mountain name change
HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — A state senator who named his son McKinley after North America's tallest mountain peak isn't too pleased with the president's decision to change its name back to Denali.
- Las Vegas' new ad campaign pushes 'sexy' watering habits
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Another part of the drought-ridden West is attempting to make water conservation sexy, this time with funny ads in Las Vegas.
- NY court refuses to hear appeals in chimp personhood case
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — An animal rights group seeking legal personhood for chimpanzees won't get a hearing in the state's highest court.
- Baby girl delivered in back of Uber car by Lincoln Tunnel
NEW YORK (AP) — Officials say a baby girl was successfully delivered in the backseat of an Uber car parked at the mouth of the Lincoln Tunnel.
- 3,000 Philly Naked Bike Riders photo-bomb wedding shoot
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Here comes the bride all dressed in white. And, don't look now, but here come thousands of bicyclists not dressed in anything.
- 2 arrested for enjoying meal on boat while family slept
NORWALK, Conn. (AP) — Police in Connecticut have charged two people they say broke into a boat at a Norwalk marina to enjoy a fast food meal and take some selfies while a family of five slept on board.
- $20 found in San Francisco leads to $1 million lottery win
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A San Francisco Bay Area man won $1 million in the California Lottery after buying a winning ticket with money he found at the airport.
- Southern New Jersey man digs up live cannonball in backyard
CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE, N.J. (AP) — The Atlantic City bomb squad was dispatched to a southern New Jersey home over the weekend after a man dug up a live cannonball in his backyard.