- Plane's swastika banner spurs criticism around NYC
NEW YORK (AP) — A banner aiming to change people's minds about what swastikas stand for has stirred outrage after it flew over beaches in New York City and on Long Island.
- Divers, snorkelers converge for undersea 'concert'
BIG PINE KEY, Fla. (AP) — Nearly 500 divers and snorkelers submerged in the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary on Saturday for a "concert" beneath the sea broadcast by a local radio station.
- Meat mess on upstate NY road stinks up cars
QUEENSBURY, N.Y. (AP) — Some car owners are raising a stink after driving a road littered with meat in upstate New York.
- Driver of stalled pickup finds slithering surprise
SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — When a woman's pickup stalled on a street in Santa Fe, New Mexico, local chef Jackson Ault stopped to lend a hand.
- Live birds found in Elmo doll at US-Mexico border
SAN LUIS, Ariz. (AP) — Federal agents inspecting a couple's belongings at an Arizona entry port on the U.S.-Mexico border found two live parrots hidden inside an Elmo doll.
- Police arrest man accused of kicking police horse
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Police in Portland, Oregon, say they have arrested a 29-year-old man accused of running up to a police horse, uttering a "karate-like battle cry" and delivering what a spokesman calls "a jumping, double kick" to the horse's right thigh.
- Great fall too much _ Humpty Dumpty to be rebuilt
SALEM, Ore. (AP) — The nursery rhyme proved right: Humpty Dumpty couldn't be put together again.
- California man catches 482-pound halibut in Alaska
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California man hooked the catch of a lifetime while on vacation in Alaska.
- Whoops! Police say tow truck tried to snag cop car
SALEM, Ore. (AP) — Whoops!
- New Mexico judge elected by coin toss after tie
GALLUP, N.M. (AP) — A New Mexico county magistrate race that ended in a tie has finally come to a head, or rather, heads.