- New Hampshire lake is Lower 48's only ice runway
ALTON, N.H. (AP) — Winter on New Hampshire's Lake Winnipesaukee means ice fishing, hockey tournaments and, if the ice is strong enough, airplanes.
- Blind dog rescued after being lost for 2 weeks in the cold
FAIRBANKS, Alaska (AP) — A blind dog who wandered away from her Ester, Alaska, home during a cold snap has been reunited with her owner.
- Joint birthday party for NY couple married 82 years
SPRING VALLEY, N.Y. (AP) — A husband and wife thought to be one of the oldest married couples in New York have celebrated their birthdays — and their combined ages will be 212.
- Debate rages over color of dress photographed in rare light
It's the dress that's beating the Internet black and blue. Or should that be gold and white?
- 2 loose llamas lassoed after running amok near Phoenix
PHOENIX (AP) — Two quick-footed llamas dashed in and out of traffic in a Phoenix-area retirement enclave before they were captured by authorities, causing a stir in the streets and on social media.
- Cops: Man abandoned backhoe in big hole he dug in rural road
PRATTSBURG, N.Y. (AP) — New York State Police say they've charged a Rochester man with using excavating equipment to dig a 40-foot-long, 12-foot-deep hole in a rural road in the middle of the night and not telling anyone about it.
- Aggressive owl sinks its talons into residents of Dutch town
PURMEREND, Netherlands (AP) — The residents of one Dutch town are cowering under umbrellas after an aggressive eagle owl started swooping out of the sky, sinking its talons into them and gouging their flesh.
- Maine weighs revoking seat belt law days after 75-car pileup
AUGUSTA, Maine (AP) — It's an effort that even the bill's sponsor acknowledges is poor timing.
- Fog machine in art installation prompts false fire alarms
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Where there's smoke, there's fire. But fog signals art, as Pittsburgh firefighters are quickly learning.
- New name for Namibian town is a tongue-twister
JOHANNESBURG (AP) — A linguistic storm is brewing in coastal Luderitz, where some residents of the Namibian town are protesting plans to change its name to !Nami#nus.