- Love, Irving, Davis ready for the NBA playoff debuts
Kevin Love and Kyrie Irving are NBA veterans in every sense of the word.
- 2 years after bombs, Boston Marathon looks forward, not back
BOSTON (AP) — It's been decades since you could run in the Boston Marathon without qualifying, before limits on the field size made entering — almost as much as finishing — something to which to aspire.
- NHL player Jarret Stoll arrested in Las Vegas
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Los Angeles Kings center Jarret Stoll was arrested Friday for suspected cocaine possession at the MGM Grand Hotel's Wet Republic pool complex.
- Rodriguez powers Yankees to 5-4 win over Rays
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — The New York Yankees used Alex Rodriguez's big game to get a win on the road, and that was the most important part for the slugger.
- Bryant 0 for 4 with 3 Ks in debut as Cubs lose to Padres 5-4
CHICAGO (AP) — Kris Bryant absorbed the sights and smells and sounds of Wrigley Field. He cherished playing in front of 30,000 charged-up fans. He appreciated all the family members and friends who turned out for his big league debut.
- LEADING OFF: Bryant tries again, Giants get their rings
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues today:
- 2 weeks before Mayweather-Pacquiao, not a ticket to be seen
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Don't expect to snag a $1,500 nosebleed ticket — or any other ticket — at the box office for the fight between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao.
- Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel says he "let down" fans
CLEVELAND (AP) — Browns quarterback Johnny Manziel has expressed remorse and asked for privacy following a 10-week stay in rehab.
- Go figure: Stat titles rarely lead to NBA titles
It's already known that Oklahoma City won't win the NBA title, since the Thunder didn't make the playoffs.
- As Spurs know, international players can impact NBA playoffs
Kawhi Leonard was the MVP of last year's NBA Finals, though the San Antonio Spurs wouldn't have won without their incredible international presence.