- AP Source: Robinson Cano, Mariners reach agreement
SEATTLE (AP) — Robinson Cano is trading pinstripes for the Pacific Northwest.
- AP sources: Beltran, Yanks agree at $45M, 3 years
NEW YORK (AP) — Carlos Beltran is coming back to New York, this time to the Bronx.
- Texans fire coach Gary Kubiak
HOUSTON (AP) — Gary Kubiak pulled the Texans out of the NFL basement and remains the only coach to take them to the playoffs.
- Petersen leaving Boise State for Washington
SEATTLE (AP) — After all the other schools that called over the years and were sent away, it was Washington that finally hooked Chris Petersen.
- Matthews scores 24, Trail Blazers rout Jazz 130-98
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Wesley Matthews scored 24 points, LaMarcus Aldridge added 20 points and 15 rebounds, and the Portland Trail Blazers beat the Utah Jazz 130-98 Friday night for their 15th victory in 16 games.
- Woods ties record and takes 2-shot lead
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. (AP) — Tiger Woods didn't like the way he warmed up on the range. What he produced on the golf course Friday left him with no complaints.
- Kobe Bryant to return to Lakers lineup Sunday
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — Kobe Bryant will make his long-awaited return from a torn left Achilles tendon when the Los Angeles Lakers host the Toronto Raptors on Sunday night.
- Defending champion Spain gets repeat of 2010 final
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil (AP) — One of the worst finals in World Cup history — Spain vs. the Netherlands — will be reprised in one of the first games of the 2014 edition.
- US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany at World Cup
The U.S. drew a daunting task for next year's World Cup: difficult opponents, tropical venues and a wearying 9,000-mile zigzag journey across Brazil.
- Bowling Green tops No. 16 Northern Illinois 47-27
DETROIT (AP) — Matt Johnson was motivated by the hype surrounding Jordan Lynch and wanted to be the best quarterback in the Mid-American Conference title game.