- On web site, Kentucky coach Calipari says 'no' to platooning
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) — Kentucky nearly made history last season with a two-platoon system. Now coach John Calipari says the strategy is history.
- NCAA's new head of officials ready to make tough calls
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — J.D. Collins has one goal as the NCAA's coordinator of men's basketball officials: Get it right.
- Mississippi, coach Kennedy agree to extension through 2019
OXFORD, Miss. (AP) — Mississippi has agreed to a contract extension with men's basketball coach Andy Kennedy that will keep him at the school until 2019.
- Forward Willie Carmichael transferring from Tennessee
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Forward Willie Carmichael is transferring from Tennessee.
- VCU F Mo Alie-Cox arrested for simple assault
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — VCU forward Mo Alie-Cox is facing a misdemeanor assault charge after a woman claimed he punched her in the face in a nightclub.
- North Texas star forward Eboniey Jeter found dead in dorm
DENTON, Texas (AP) — Forward Eboniey Jeter, who led the North Texas Mean Green women's basketball squad in shooting percentage last season, has been found dead in her dorm room. She was 21.
- Warrant issued for former Gophers basketball player McNeil
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — An arrest warrant has been issued for former Minnesota basketball player Daquein McNeil after he failed to appear in court on assault charges.
- Minnesota adds Philadelphia prep wing to recruiting class
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Minnesota has added Philadelphia prep standout Ahmad Gilbert to its recruiting class.
- Big 12's Bowlsby backs off title game talk after meetings
PHOENIX (AP) — The Big 12 has tapped the brakes on the conference championship game talk.
- Stanford, San Diego State announce home-and-home series
STANFORD, Calif. (AP) — Stanford and San Diego State are set to play a future home-and-home series.