- OSU freshman hospitalized after cardiac incident
CORVALLIS, Ore. (AP) — An Oregon State University athletics spokesman says a freshman member of the men's basketball team suffered "an apparent cardiac-related medical incident" and is hospitalized in critical but stable condition.
- AP source: Vols adding Memphis transfer Woodson
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Dominic Woodson is transferring from Memphis to Tennessee, a source close to the situation said.
- Former Hoosiers stars reunite in Indianapolis
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Former Indiana men's basketball stars Victor Oladipo and Cody Zeller teamed up one more time for their alma mater Wednesday night.
- Huskies to play series against Ohio State, Arizona
STORRS, Conn. (AP) — The Connecticut men's basketball team, looking to bolster its nonconference schedule, has announced deals to play Ohio State and Arizona in a pair of home-and-home series.
- Michigan St transfer Forbes granted waiver to play
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Michigan State guard Bryn Forbes will not have to sit out this season after transferring from Cleveland State.
- Ala man gets acting break in football film
DECATUR, Ala. (AP) — Riley Howard said from the time he was a small child growing up in Decatur, he told friends he wanted to be in the movies and on television.
- Pitt sophomore linebacker Matt Galambos goes from broken home to success story
As John Margist takes his seat at Heinz Field, he enjoys the sensations associated with a college football Saturday.
- Wildcats searching for Carey's replacement
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — Arizona will have a hard time replacing Ka'Deem Carey with one running back.
- Column: Time for these child stars to get paid?
Like just about every other organized youth sports program, the Little League World Series is being played mostly for the benefit of grown-ups. Only it's way more organized than anything you're likely to find at the end of your block and the grown-ups who benefit the most aren't family and friends, but the suits who run Disney and a host of other media outfits.
- UND football team holding annual Fan Fest
GRAND FORKS, N.D. (AP) — The University of North Dakota football team is holding a bash for its fans.