- Texas' Brown mum on future amid speculation
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Texas coach Mack Brown declined to say Thursday whether the Alamo Bowl will be his final game, amid intense speculation following another disappointing season that began with the Longhorns talking about becoming national championship contenders again.
- UConn hires ND assistant Diaco as football coach
STORRS, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut has hired Notre Dame defensive coordinator Bob Diaco as its football coach.
- Ex-President Bush writes letter to Alabama kicker
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — Alabama kicker Cade Foster received a supportive note from former President George W. Bush.
- New Mexico Bowl to feature teams in transformation
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — When second-year Colorado State Rams coach Jim McElwain got word his team was heading to the New Mexico Bowl, he gathered them in an auditorium to break the news. The ecstatic players broke out in cheers and began high-fiving each other.
- Alabama's McCarron keeps pledge with Heisman trip
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. (AP) — AJ McCarron has helped Alabama reach several prime destinations, from New Orleans to Miami and Southern California.