- Toyota's quarterly profit up 10 pct on cheap yen, cost cuts
TOKYO (AP) — Toyota's profit for April-June rose 10 percent on perks from a cheap yen and cost reduction efforts that offset lower vehicle sales.
- Kerry talks trade in Singapore before regional security meet
SINGAPORE (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is in Singapore to talk up an Asia trade agreement that has hit snags in final negotiations.
- US stocks move lower as earnings disappoint; Allstate slumps
NEW YORK (AP) — U.S. stocks fell for a third straight day Tuesday as investors assessed some disappointing earnings reports.
- Netflix to make Asian debut with Sept. 2 launch in Japan
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Netflix will expand into Japan next month to give the Internet video service its first presence in Asia.
- Investigators for missing Malaysia flight meet in Paris
PARIS (AP) — French and Malaysian investigators cleared their last hurdle before launching a probe that many hope will solve the mystery of missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, meeting with a judge in Paris Monday after the arrival of a wing fragment that possibly belonged to the doomed aircraft.