- Hezbollah vows to expand involvement in Syria's civil war
BEIRUT (AP) — The leader of the militant Hezbollah group said Sunday that the region is facing "unprecedented danger" from extremist groups and vowed his fighters will expand their involvement in Syria's civil war in support of government forces.
- Poles vote in cliffhanger presidential election runoff
WARSAW, Poland (AP) — Poles voted Sunday in the final round of a cliffhanger presidential election race between the conservative incumbent Bronislaw Komorowski and an even more conservative challenger.
- Exit poll: New Spain parties get big support in local vote
MADRID (AP) — New parties won strong support in Spain's local elections Sunday as voters turned their back on the country's traditional political heavyweights, an exit poll indicated.
- Nigerian cellphone provider needs fuel to prevent shut-down
LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) — Nigeria's leading cellphone provider said Sunday it urgently needs diesel to prevent shutting down services countrywide — the latest business hit by a months-long fuel crisis in Africa's biggest oil producer.
- Japan must prepare for possible drone threat
(c) 2015, The Japan News/ Yomiuri.