- Affiliate of IS group claims Bangladesh Shiite mosque attack
NEW DELHI (AP) — An Islamic State group affiliate in Bangladesh said Friday it was behind an attack on a Shiite mosque in the country's north that killed one man and wounded three others.
- Japan plans extra budget, handouts, to pump up recovery
TOKYO (AP) — Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has ordered Cabinet ministers to prepare an extra spending package, including cash handouts for the poorest pensioners, seeking to breathe fresh life into Japan's stalling recovery.
- After Paris attacks, increased resolve for UN climate talks
PARIS (AP) — Still gripped by shock and grief, Paris will play host to a long-awaited U.N. climate conference under tragic circumstances that none could have foreseen.
- Chinese stocks fall after probes of brokers launched
BEIJING (AP) — Two major Chinese brokerages announced they are under investigation in the latest aftershock of this summer's market plunge, sending share prices sharply lower Friday.
- Palestinian killed after West Bank attack on Israeli troops
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israeli police say a Palestinian was shot and killed after ramming his car into a group of Israelis in the West Bank. The army says two Israeli soldiers were injured in the attack.