- Hometown pastor says community stands by co-pilot, family
MONTABAUR, Germany (AP) — The pastor of the Lutheran church in Andreas Lubitz's hometown said Sunday that the community stands by him and his family, despite the fact that prosecutors blame the 27-year-old co-pilot for causing the plane crash that killed 150 people in southern France.
- AP Exclusive: Before leak, NSA mulled ending phone program
WASHINGTON (AP) — The National Security Agency considered abandoning its secret program to collect and store American calling records in the months before leaker Edward Snowden revealed the practice, current and former intelligence officials say, because some officials believed the costs outweighed the meager counterterrorism benefits.
- Officials: Iran nuke talks solving some issues, not others
LAUSANNE, Switzerland (AP) — Iran is considering demands for further cuts to its uranium enrichment program but is pushing back on how long it must limit technology it could use to make atomic arms, Western officials involved in the nuclear talks said Sunday.
- Indiana governor: New law 'not about discrimination'
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indiana Gov. Mike Pence defended the new state law that's garnered widespread criticism over concerns it could foster discrimination and said Sunday it wasn't a mistake to have enacted it.
- Arab summit: Yemen airstrikes to go on until rebels withdraw
SHARM EL-SHEIKH, Egypt (AP) — Saudi-led airstrikes in Yemen will continue until Shiite rebels there "withdraw and surrender their weapons," a summit of Arab leaders decided Sunday, as they also agreed in principle to forming a joint military force.
- Coaches no one wants to face finally face each other
On a cold, rainy spring night five years ago, the room was dripping with superstars. The guest of honor was USA basketball boss Jerry Colangelo. The dinner speaker was Mike Krzyzewski. Kobe Bryant sent a video tribute. Jay Bilas served as emcee.
- Survived: No. 1 Kentucky holds off Notre Dame 68-66
CLEVELAND (AP) — With everything at stake, Kentucky didn't panic and played to perfection.
- Wisconsin heads to Final Four after 85-78 win over Arizona
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Just call him Sam Dagger.
- It's Izzo versus Pitino in showdown to settle East Region
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — Tom Izzo and Rick Pitino are Final Four regulars, and one of them will be back this year even though both of their teams were counted out weeks ago.
- Vettel wins Malaysian GP to end Mercedes streak
SEPANG, Malaysia (AP) — Fears that Mercedes would dominate the 2015 Formula One season were swept aside in a flash of Ferrari red on Sunday as a tearful Sebastian Vettel won the Malaysian Grand Prix and announced himself as a genuine title contender.