- Rescuers struggle to reach many in Nepal quake, fear worst
KATHMANDU, Nepal (AP) — The death toll from Nepal's earthquake soared past 3,300 Monday, and how much higher it would rise depended largely on the condition of vulnerable mountain villages that rescue workers were still struggling to reach two days after the disaster.
- The Latest on Nepal Quake: Gorkha toll could change picture
11.45 a.m. (0600 GMT)
- Long odds for insanity defense in theater shooting trial
CENTENNIAL, Colo. (AP) — The key to the death penalty trial of a man who methodically shot at moviegoers at a Batman movie premiere will be what was going on inside his mind as he threw smoke canisters and then marched up and down the aisles, firing at anyone who tried to flee.
- Supporters of Senate Iran bill swatting away amendments
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Senate plunges into a high-stakes debate this week over empowering Congress to review and possibly reject any nuclear deal with Iran, offering Republican presidential candidates a chance to prove their hawkishness toward Iran and support for Israel.
- Tsarnaev's life on line as defense argues against execution
BOSTON (AP) — Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev's life is on the line as his lawyers return to federal court to make their case that he should be spared the death penalty.
- No perfect bullpen strategy, but depth, flexibility help
DETROIT (AP) — When the Detroit Tigers signed Joe Nathan before the 2014 season, they expected baseball's active saves leader to simply keep rolling. After a few too many bad outings, they traded for a backup plan in Joakim Soria, widely considered the top reliever on the market.
- Grizzlies, Bulls wary even with big leads in playoffs
The Grizzlies and Bulls head into their games Monday night in complete control of their respective series, needing just one more victory to advance to the next round.
- Capitals-Islanders Game 7 stirs 'Epic' memories
There's only been one Game 7 between the Capitals and Islanders, but it has stood the test of time — lots and lots and lots of time — as one of the great games in postseason annals.
- LEADING OFF: Wainwright gets MRI, Russell ready for Wrigley
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues today:
- NL teams experimenting with pitchers hitting 8th
Amid a testy start to the season — looking at you, Bryan Price; also you, Royals, White Sox and Athletics — comes a bit of managerial creativity sure to put a smile on the face of any innovative Strat-O-Matic player.