- Daughter of man in The Piano Guys missing in Oregon
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The 21-year-old daughter of one of men in the Utah-based music group The Piano Guys has been reported missing and may have gotten injured or lost on a hike in the Columbia River Gorge in Oregon, authorities say.
- Wonder Woman named a special UN ambassador, despite protests
UNITED NATIONS (AP) — The United Nations celebrated Wonder Woman's 75th birthday on Friday by naming the comic book character as its new Honorary Ambassador for the Empowerment of Woman and Girls, despite frustration from both inside and outside the world organization that the spot should go to a real — and less sexualized — woman.
- Obama nixes twerking at final White House musical event
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama said he's sad that one of his and the first lady's favorite traditions, musical night at the White House, ended Friday.
- Donald Glover cast as Lando Calrissian in Han Solo film
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Donald Glover is joining the "Star Wars" universe.
- Rocker Vince Neil pleads guilty in Las Vegas battery case
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil has pleaded guilty to misdemeanor battery for a sidewalk scuffle involving a woman outside a Las Vegas Strip resort in April.
- Astley never stops appreciating 'Never Gonna Give You Up'
NEW YORK (AP) — Rick Astley exiled himself from music for a good part of the last three decades, but he never really left pop's consciousness.
- Met Gala, exhibit to honor designer Rei Kawakubo
NEW YORK (AP) — The annual Met Gala, one of the most anticipated events in the fashion world, will honor designer Rei Kawakubo of Comme des Garcons.
- Warner Bros. promises previously unreleased Prince music
ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — Warner Bros. Records is about to unveil two projects by the late megastar Prince that include previously unreleased material.
- A giant nude statue in California is stirring controversy
SAN LEANDRO, Calif. (AP) — There have long been complaints about the lack of women in the tech industry. Now there's a towering female figure, in a tech park across the bay from San Francisco, although not quite what some people had in mind.
- TV legend Carol Burnett signed to ABC sitcom project
NEW YORK (AP) — Carol Burnett fans: You'd be glad to have some more time together with this comedy legend, and she's likely headed back to series TV in a project Amy Poehler will executive produce.