- Manzarek, founding member of The Doors, dies at 74
Ray Manzarek, a founding member of the 1960s rock group The Doors whose versatile and often haunting keyboards complemented Jim Morrison's gloomy baritone and helped set the mood for some of rock's most enduring songs, has died. He was 74.
- Toby Keith says Okla. hometown is 'strong'
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) — Country music performer Toby Keith says he grew up in the area near Oklahoma City that was hit by a devastating tornado.
- 'Star Trek' beams up $70.1M at box office
LOS ANGELES (AP) — "Star Trek: Into Darkness" didn't warp past its predecessor.
- Seth MacFarlane won't return as 2014 Oscar host
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Seth MacFarlane is too busy to host the Oscars in 2014.
- Jackson concert director worked without contract
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Michael Jackson's doctor was not the only person working on the singer's ill-fated "This Is It" tour without a fully executed contract, a corporate attorney for concert promoter AEG Live LLC testified Monday.
- AP Interview: Soderbergh on quitting movies
NEW YORK (AP) — Steven Soderbergh is working on a new currency.
- Daft Punk goes outside comfort zone for new album
LOS ANGELES (AP) — It's tempting to say Daft Punk has gone Hollywood.
- Rosie Pope helps navigate exotic baby gear
NEW YORK (AP) — Amid the purveyors of belly casts and placenta pills, sonogram art and cord banks at a recent baby gear extravaganza stood a smiling Rosie Pope, pregnancy advice guru, mommy concierge to the rich and, with any luck, the Martha Stewart of maternity.
- NBC hires news division chief from Britain
NEW YORK (AP) — NBC went out of the company and out of the country to find a president for its news division, on Monday naming the first woman to hold the top job.
- Gold becomes a theme at glitzy Cannes amfAR gala
There's always glitz and glamour at Cannes, France, during its annual film festival, and it's no different this year. But there's still a heavy infusion of gold to come this week at Thursday's amfAR gala, which will treat its celebrity guests to 40 of the world's top models in "The Ultimate Gold Collection Fashion Show," curated by Carine Roitfeld.