- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Investigators are looking into whether Prince died from an overdose and whether a doctor was prescribing him drugs in the weeks before he was found dead at his home in suburban Minneapolis, a law enforcement official told The Associated Press.
- Death raises questions: Did Prince die of an overdose?
CHICAGO (AP) — Prince's final days and unexpected death at age 57 raise questions among experts familiar with prescription painkiller overdoses. It's possible the innovative musician's demise represents one of the most public tragedies in an overdose crisis now gripping America.
- Alicia Vikander takes on Lara Croft role in 'Tomb Raider'
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Alicia Vikander is following in Angelina Jolie's butt-kicking footsteps.
- Fans' Holy Grail: unreleased songs in Prince's vault
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Before his death, fans searching online for Prince were likely to find just a handful of his performance videos and almost none of his recorded music. In the days since he died, YouTube and other uploading sites have been flooded with hundreds of hours of the superstar musician's songs, concert footage, TV appearances and music videos.
- Racist statements lead lawmakers to reject John Wayne Day
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — What a California lawmaker intended as a benign resolution honoring a late, world-renowned movie icon exploded into an emotional debate over decades-old racist comments.
- Katy Perry to headline glitzy amfAR event during Cannes
NEW YORK (AP) — Katy Perry will be lighting up the French Rivera like fireworks next month: The singer will perform at amfAR's annual "Cinema Against AIDS" event, the glitzy A-list fundraiser held annually during the Cannes Film Festival.
- Review: Broadway's new 'Shuffle Along' celebrates a past hit
NEW YORK (AP) — The last Broadway show to open this season has a mouthful of a name and an astonishing array of stars.
- Jodie Foster on making a popcorn movie with smarts
NEW YORK (AP) — Jodie Foster is as surprised as anyone that the fourth film she's directed, "Money Monster," is coming out in the summer among the likes of Avengers and Angry Birds.
- For Matt Damon, Jason Bourne has been a lifeblood
NEW YORK (AP) — For Matt Damon, the "Bourne" films have been like a lifeblood.
- In 'BFG,' Rylance takes on a new role: Spielberg regular
NEW YORK (AP) — The first time Steven Spielberg offered a role to Mark Rylance, the actor said no. That was 30 years ago for "Empire of the Sun." Now, Rylance can't stop saying yes.