- 'Star Trek Beyond' soars with $59.6M at weekend box office
LOS ANGELES (AP) — "Star Trek Beyond" has landed atop the weekend box office.
- Prince William says George got too many birthday gifts
LONDON (AP) — Prince William thinks his son got too many presents on his third birthday.
- Marvel marks Comic-Con homecoming with a showstopper
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Marvel Studios took a year off from Comic-Con, but it came back with a pow on Saturday with a spectacle and star-filled presentation offering exclusive looks at "Spider-Man: Homecoming," ''Doctor Strange" and "Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2."
- High Times: Lil Wayne cut short concert at California event
LOS ANGELES (AP) — High Times says it is "awaiting an explanation" from Lil Wayne's representatives after the rapper's performance at its Cannabis Cup event in Southern California.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' tease sequel, Disneyland ride
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Next summer the "Guardians of the Galaxy" are taking over theaters and Disneyland.
- Sigourney Weaver hoping to reprise 'Alien' heroine Ripley
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Sigourney Weaver apparently isn't finished fighting aliens.
- Brie Larson confirmed as 'Captain Marvel'
SAN DIEGO (AP) — Oscar winner Brie Larson has a new title to add to her resume: Superhero.
- A title and ship for new 'Star Trek' series: 'Discovery'
SAN DIEGO (AP) — The next chapter of the "Star Trek" franchise will be called "Star Trek: Discovery."
- Warner Bros. calms fans with fun 'Justice League' footage
SAN DIEGO (AP) — After "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" put the launch of the DC/Warner Bros. universe on shaky ground, the studio came back swinging at Comic-Con Saturday armed with movie stars, brand new footage and a sense of humor.
- 'Vampire Diaries' to end after 8 seasons
SAN DIEGO (AP) — The eighth season of "The Vampire Diaries" will be the supernatural series' final entry.