- NCAA accuses Louisville, Pitino of violations in escort case
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — The NCAA accused Louisville of four serious violations and criticized coach Rick Pitino for failing to monitor a former basketball staffer who hired escorts and strippers for sex parties with recruits and players.
- Izzo isn't sure what to expect from new-look Michigan State
EAST LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Tom Izzo insists he has no idea what to expect from his team this season.
- Two conferences to experiment with restricted arc appeals
INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — NCAA has approved an experimental rule allowing the Big Ten and Mid-American conferences to use instant replay on certain plays within the restricted arc for the 2016-17 season. The rule will be the first that allows coaches to initiate instant replay in college basketball.
- Arizona adds to 2017 class with Lee's commitment
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — Power forward Ira Lee has committed to Arizona, rounding out what may be the best recruiting class in Sean Miller's seven seasons in the desert.
- Former Florida men's basketball coach Tommy Bartlett dies
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) — Tommy Bartlett, who coached the Florida men's basketball team for seven seasons, has died. He was 88.
- South Carolina's Gray, Davis lead SEC transfer trend
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — South Carolina is seeking to win its fourth consecutive Southeastern Conference women's basketball title with help from two players who began their college careers elsewhere.
- Washington's Plum has moved on from Final Four appearance
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Kelsey Plum is putting it all behind her: the accolades and everything she accomplished in a record-setting junior season that included Washington's Final Four run.
- Cal coach Lindsay Gottlieb gets 3-year contract extension
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Lindsay Gottlieb wants California to be in the conversation when it comes to top-tier women's basketball.
- South Carolina tops SEC preseason women's basketball poll
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Defending Southeastern Conference women's basketball champion South Carolina is picked to win a fourth straight league title by a panel of SEC and national media.
- Notre Dame's McGraw: NCAA women might see parity in 2015-16
SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) — Notre Dame coach Muffet McGraw believes parity might finally hit women's basketball after seeing Connecticut win an unprecedented fourth consecutive title last season.