- King urged blacks to polls in historic speech 50 years ago
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — The 50th anniversary of an historic speech by the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr urging blacks to vote is being marked in rural South Carolina this weekend.
- Coastal Carolina stadium expansion funds rejected by state
CONWAY, S.C. (AP) — South Carolina officials have again rejected Coastal Carolina University's request for money to expand its football stadium, something needed so Coastal can play in the Sun Belt Conference.
- Warrant issued for man in death at Lowcountry nightclub
CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) — Authorities have issued an arrest warrant for a James Island man wanted in the death of a patron at a Charleston nightclub.
- Wire manufacturer bringing 50 jobs to Colleton County
WALTERBORO, S.C. (AP) — A Minnesota company that makes wire used in decks and storage shelving is opening a plant in Colleton County.
- York County jail guard attacked by inmate
YORK, S.C. (AP) — An inmate at the York County jail has been arrested and accused of attacking a guard.