- Supreme Court asked to block $1B NFL concussion settlement
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A second petition has been filed asking the U.S. Supreme Court to reject the $1 billion settlement of NFL concussion lawsuits because of how it treats current brain injuries versus future ones.
- Arizona signs long-snapper Brewer, punter Quigley, LB Bartu
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) — The Arizona Cardinals have signed long-snapper Aaron Brewer, punter Ryan Quigley and linebacker Joplo Bartu.
- Chiefs' Charles getting closer to return vs Steelers
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Chiefs running back Jamaal Charles could make his season debut Sunday night at Pittsburgh, though coach Andy Reid acknowledged that it would depend on how he practices this week.
- Texans place star DE JJ Watt on injured reserve
HOUSTON (AP) — The Houston Texans placed star defensive end J.J. Watt on injured reserve Wednesday and his return this season is in doubt.
- Rex Ryan, ace reporter? Asks Pats' Edelman if he'll play QB
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — Add another reporter to the NFL beat: Rex Ryan.