- Langer takes one-shot lead over Couples at Hualalai
KAILUA-KONA, Hawaii (AP) — Bernhard Langer closed with back-to-back birdies to shoot a 7-under 65 Friday for a 15-under-129 total and a one-shot lead over Fred Couples after the second round of the Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai.
- Hudson Swafford shoots second 65, leads in rainy La Quinta
LA QUINTA, Calif. (AP) — Hudson Swafford beat the rain Friday in the CareerBuilder Challenge, and Phil Mickelson played his best in the worst of the conditions.
- Willett struggling to rediscover game before Masters defense
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Danny Willett has 2½ months to rediscover his game before making a pressure-filled return to Augusta National as the defending Masters champion.
- Kaymer takes familiar position as leader in Abu Dhabi
ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — New year, same old story for Martin Kaymer at the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship.
- Phil Mickelson returns with scrambling 68 at La Quinta
LA QUINTA, Calif. (AP) — Phil Mickelson hit his opening tee shot so poorly in morning rain and cold that he hit a provisional ball just to get in another swing.