- NASCAR hopes sponsor Monster attracts needed younger fans
LAS VEGAS (AP) — NASCAR's top circuit has been called the Winston Cup, Nextel Cup and Sprint Cup.
- Happy, healthy Stewart leaving NASCAR so he can race more
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Tony Stewart sat in a casino ballroom wearing a coat and tie he no doubt wanted to rip off and brushed off a question about whether he was happy his NASCAR career was over.
- Delayed goosebumps for Johnson's crew chief Chad Knaus
LAS VEGAS (AP) — Chad Knaus had been a champion for six days, but the NASCAR title was so improbable, so unlikely, it still hadn't sunk in for Jimmie Johnson's crew chief.
- Caffeine rush: Monster Energy to sponsor NASCAR's top series
LAS VEGAS (AP) — NASCAR announced an agreement with Monster Energy on Thursday that makes the energy drink maker the title sponsor of its top series in 2017, ending a lengthy process of finding a replacement for Sprint.
- Jack Roush's once-elite NASCAR program will scale to 2 teams
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Roush Fenway Racing will be a two-car Cup program next season and its third charter will be leased to JTG Daugherty Racing.