- At least 67 civilians found dead in Syria town taken from IS
BEIRUT (AP) — The bodies of at least 67 Syrian civilians, many summarily killed by the Islamic State group, have been discovered in a central town in Syria retaken from IS by government troops over the weekend, the Syrian government and activists said Monday.
- Trump urges House GOP to move quickly on budget, tax cuts
WASHINGTON, D.C. (AP) — House Republicans, with the urging of President Donald Trump, will strive to pass a budget this week so they can turn their attention to tax reform. Trump warned that action on tax reform is crucial to avoiding political failure in 2018.
- 10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- Bergdahl could get life in prison for endangering comrades
FORT BRAGG, N.C. (AP) — Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl will appear Monday before a military judge who will determine his punishment for endangering comrades by walking off his post in Afghanistan. Before delivering his sentence, the judge will have to resolve a last-minute defense argument that new comments by President Donald Trump have tainted the case.
- Japanese defense minister sounds alarm on North Korea
CLARK, Philippines (AP) — Japan's defense minister asserted Monday that North Korea's nuclear and ballistic missile capabilities have grown to an "unprecedented, critical and imminent" level.
- Super Mismatch: Patriots continue mastery of Falcons 23-7
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — To Tom Brady and the New England Patriots, this was simply an extension of last February's Super Bowl.
- Super Bowl malaise not plaguing Falcons? Want to bet?
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — On a foggy night in Foxborough, one thing became crystal clear: The Atlanta Falcons have fallen victim to the dreaded Super Bowl losers' malaise .
- ICYMI in NFL Week 7: 3 shutouts, so few TDs on dud of a day
Talk about a clunker of a day around the NFL: There were three shutouts in a span of about 6½ hours, the same number of zeros put up throughout all of last season.
- Steelers shut down Bengals to pull away for 29-14 win
PITTSBURGH (AP) — JuJu Smith-Schuster hid his eyes, counted to 10 and went looking for Le'Veon Bell.
- Dave Roberts keeps Dodgers pointed toward World Series glory
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dave Roberts' first two years as the Los Angeles Dodgers' manager have gone by in an action-packed blur.