- Trump's 100-days promises: A long way to go on most of them
WASHINGTON (AP) — Sure enough, the big trans-Pacific trade deal is toast, climate change action is on the ropes and various regulations from the Obama era have been scrapped. It's also a safe bet President Donald Trump hasn't raced a bicycle since Jan. 20, keeping that vow.
- Border wall, health care jeopardize bill days from shutdown
WASHINGTON (AP) — Partisan disputes over health care and President Donald Trump's border wall threw must-pass spending legislation into jeopardy Monday days ahead of a government shutdown deadline.
- Analysis: A Le Pen wins more acceptance than ever in France
PARIS (AP) — When France last put a Le Pen onto the threshold of the presidential Elysee Palace, one step from power, it could write off the 2002 election shock as a mere accident.
- Old-guard rallies around newcomer Macron for French runoff
PARIS (AP) — France's established parties are rallying around the man who helped shut them out of the presidential runoff, maverick centrist Emmanuel Macron — an alliance of convenience aimed at keeping far-right Marine Le Pen out of the Elysee Palace.
- In call to Trump, Chinese leader urges restraint over NKorea
WASHINGTON (AP) — As the world braces for a possible North Korean nuclear test, Chinese President Xi Jinping on Monday urged restraint in a call to President Donald Trump. American's U.N. envoy warned of a strike if Pyongyang attacks a U.S. military base or tests an intercontinental ballistic missile.
- NFL draft: Browns still searching for franchise quarterback
CLEVELAND (AP) — Finding Bigfoot has been more productive than the Cleveland Browns' search for a franchise quarterback.
- APNewsBreak: Dodgers, Yankees cut projected luxury tax bills
NEW YORK (AP) — The Los Angeles Dodgers and New York Yankees are cutting payroll and their luxury tax bills — just as Bryce Harper, Manny Machado and perhaps Clayton Kershaw near the free-agent market after the 2018 season.
- Red Sox pitcher Barnes suspended 4 games for buzzing Machado
NEW YORK (AP) — Red Sox pitcher Matt Barnes has been suspended four games and fined for throwing a fastball past the head of Baltimore star Manny Machado.
- Serena Williams speaks out against Ilie Nastase
BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) — Serena Williams has spoken out in response to suspended Fed Cup captain Ilie Nastase's comments speculating about the skin color of the baby the pregnant Williams is expecting.
- Serena Williams at No. 1, despite not playing since January
Serena Williams is briefly back at No. 1 in the WTA rankings, despite not playing a match since January — and with plans to take the rest of 2017 off because she is expecting a baby.