- Ronny Jackson withdraws from consideration for VA chief
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump's pick to lead Veterans Affairs, Ronny Jackson, withdrew Thursday in the wake of late-surfacing allegations about overprescribing drugs and poor leadership while serving as a top White House doctor, saying the "false allegations" against him have become a distraction.
- Trump says Cohen represented him in "Stormy Daniels deal"
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump said Thursday that his personal attorney Michael Cohen represented him "with this crazy Stormy Daniels deal," after previously denying any knowledge of a payment Cohen made to the porn actress alleging an affair with Trump.
- Kim Jong Un walks south to meet his rival: Can they deal?
GOYANG, South Korea (AP) — There will be plenty to gawk at Friday when North Korean leader Kim Jong Un walks south across the world's most heavily armed border and stands face-to-face with South Korean President Moon Jae-in. Two men who seemed on the verge of war months ago will take a pleasant walk, plant a commemorative tree, inspect an honor guard and belly-up to a lavish banquet.
- EPA chief faces Capitol Hill grilling over ethical missteps
WASHINGTON (AP) — Lawmakers assailed Environmental Protection Agency chief Scott Pruitt on Thursday for the ethics and spending scandals that have prompted bipartisan calls for his ouster. On the defensive, the EPA chief blamed "half truths" and "twisted" allegations, an effort to undermine the Trump administration's anti-regulatory agenda.
- Patton Oswalt credits late wife in Golden State Killer case
LOS ANGELES (AP) — "You did it, Michelle."
- NFL draft arrives, and pressure is on teams to get top value
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Dave Gettleman has learned many lessons as an NFL executive. The new general manager of the New York Giants has one mantra in the draft room.
- Shot, save: LeBron bails out Cavs with Game 5 buzzer-beater
CLEVELAND (AP) — The game, the series, the season and perhaps Cleveland's future were in jeopardy.
- Pacers believe LeBron goaltended on block in final seconds
CLEVELAND (AP) — The Indiana Pacers felt cheated — by LeBron James and the officials.
- NFL finds no evidence of inappropriate questions to RB Guice
NEW YORK (AP) — The NFL says it found no evidence any team asked LSU running back Derrius Guice inappropriate questions during interviews at the scouting combine.
- Penn State's Barkley is best talent, but QBs to lead draft
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — Saquon Barkley is the best player in this year's draft. Yet he might not go in the first handful of picks Thursday night.