- Texas lieutenant governor calls for 'hardening' of schools
SANTA FE, Texas (AP) — Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick called Sunday for a "hardening" of the nation's school buildings in the wake of the attack by a 17-year-old student who killed 10 people at a high school near Houston.
- Family, friends recall shooting victims' optimism, humor
SANTA FE, Texas (AP) — Hardworking. Funny. Loving.
- Maduro favored as Venezuelans vote amid crisis
CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) — Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro is expected to win a second six-year term in Sunday's election, despite a deepening crisis that's made food scarce and inflation soar as oil production in the once wealthy nation plummets.
- Company in Cuba plane crash had received safety complaints
HAVANA (AP) — The Mexican charter company whose 39-year-old plane crashed in Havana had been the subject of two serious complaints about its crews' performance over the last decade, according to authorities in Guyana and a retired pilot for Cuba's national airline.
- Investigators finally get look at materials from Cohen raid
NEW YORK (AP) — Criminal investigators are getting their first look at materials gathered from raids on the home and office of President Donald Trump's personal lawyer as a process to separate items subject to attorney-client privilege appears to be meeting a judge's demand that it occur speedily and efficiently.
- On time, on target: LeBron, Cavs pound Celtics in Game 3
CLEVELAND (AP) — Before taking the floor, LeBron James stood in the hallway with his teammates outside Cleveland's locker room and pounded his chest with both hands.
- Justify wins foggy Preakness, keeps Triple Crown bid alive
BALTIMORE (AP) — Justify rounded the final turn and hit the top of the stretch winded but with the lead.
- Vasillevskiy shines late, Lightning hold off Capitals 3-2
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — The Tampa Bay Lightning are on the brink of a return trip to the Stanley Cup Final.
- Indy 500 field won't be expanded for Hinchcliffe, Mann
Only 33 cars will start the Indianapolis 500 and the field will not be expanded to include James Hinchcliffe and Pippa Mann, two popular drivers bumped out of the race in qualifying.
- Rays plan to have reliever Romo start 2nd straight day
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Tampa Bay Rays reliever Sergio Romo played 11 seasons before making his first major league start.