- Mugabe still Zimbabwe president despite pressure to quit now
HARARE, Zimbabwe (AP) — Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe on Sunday defied calls to quit immediately, saying he will preside over a ruling party congress in December in an announcement that could trigger impeachment proceedings in the parliament this week as well as more protests demanding his ouster.
- New Zimbabwe leader could be enforcer known as the Crocodile
JOHANNESBURG (AP) — Emmerson Mnangagwa, elected Sunday as the new leader of Zimbabwe's ruling political party and positioned to take over as the country's leader, has engineered a remarkable comeback using skills he no doubt learned from his longtime mentor, President Robert Mugabe.
- Trump era sparks new debate about nuclear war authority
WASHINGTON (AP) — It's hard to overstate how thoroughly the U.S. military has prepared for doomsday — the day America gets into a nuclear shooting war.
- 102-year-old survivor reunites with newly discovered nephew
KFAR SABA, Israel (AP) — Eliahu Pietruszka shuffled his 102-year-old body through the lobby of his retirement home toward a stranger he had never met and collapsed into him in a teary embrace. Then he kissed both cheeks of his visitor and in a frail, squeaky voice began blurting out greetings in Russian, a language he hadn't spoken in decades.
- Many Christian conservatives are backing Alabama's Roy Moore
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (AP) — Alabama's Christian conservatives see Roy Moore as their champion. He has battled federal judges and castigated liberals, big government, gun control, Muslims, homosexuality and anything else that doesn't fit the evangelical mold.
- UCLA fires football coach Jim Mora late in 6th season
LOS ANGELES (AP) — UCLA fired football coach Jim Mora on Sunday with one regular-season game left in his sixth season.
- AP Top 25: Alabama still No. 1; Boise State, Northwestern in
The top nine teams in The Associated Press college football poll have held onto their spots, led by No. 1 Alabama, while Northwestern and Boise State moved into the Top 25 for the first time this season.
- The Latest: Texans rookie D'Onta Foreman carted off field
The Latest on the 11th Sunday of the NFL regular season (all times Eastern):
- Trump says he should have left UCLA players in Chinese jail
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump says he should have left three UCLA basketball players accused of shoplifting in China in jail.
- Earnhardt showered with praise, tributes before final race
HOMESTEAD, Fla. (AP) — Dale Earnhardt Jr. embraced his pregnant wife behind his race car as fireworks crackled in the sky and fighter jets roared over the track.