- Trial opens in Pakistan over murder of British woman
ISLAMABAD (AP) — A Pakistani court on Tuesday opened the trial against the father and ex-husband of a British woman over her alleged rape and murder in the name of so-called honor.
- Reaction around the world to first Trump-Clinton debate
Views from around the world on Monday's first U.S. presidential debate between Democrat Hillary Clinton and Republican Donald Trump:
- ADB says developing Asian economies are holding steady
MANILA, Philippines (AP) — Developing economies in Asia are holding steady and will grow at the earlier forecast rate of 5.7 percent this year and next, buoyed by resilience in the region's two largest economies, China and India, the Asian Development Bank said Tuesday.
- Vietnamese fishermen sue Taiwan steel firm over fish deaths
HANOI, Vietnam (AP) — Hundreds of Vietnamese fishermen have filed claims seeking compensation from a Taiwanese steel company that acknowledged its toxic chemicals caused a massive fish kill, a local priest helping the fishermen said Tuesday.
- China sentences 3 to suspended terms over labor activism
BEIJING (AP) — A court in southern China's industrial heartland on Tuesday passed down suspended sentences to three labor organizers who led strikes to demand better working conditions, in the latest move by ruling Communist Party authorities to rein in civil society.