- Pakistani, Saudi armies hold joint military exercise
ISLAMABAD (AP) — The Pakistani military says it is holding a joint military exercise with Saudi Arabia.
- Blogger hacked to death in Bangladesh's capital
DHAKA, Bangladesh (AP) — A blogger was hacked to death by three men in Bangladesh's capital on Monday, and two of the attackers were caught near the scene, police said.
- Thai junta chief may force safety reforms in aviation sector
BANGKOK (AP) — The head of Thailand's ruling junta may use extraordinary constitutional powers to expedite safety improvements in the aviation sector, which is facing international sanctions, the country's transport minister said Monday.
- Flood alerts issued in Kashmir as rivers cross danger mark
SRINAGAR, India (AP) — Hundreds of Kashmiris in both India and Pakistan moved to higher ground Monday as rain-swollen rivers swamped parts of the disputed Himalayan region placed under an emergency flood alert just six months after some 600 people died in flooding that left the region in shambles.
- New Maldives law strips ex-president of party membership
MALE, Maldives (AP) — The Maldives' Parliament passed a law on Monday that strips people serving prison sentences of their political party memberships, a rule critics say is designed to oust jailed former President Mohamed Nasheed from politics.