- Appeals judges skeptical of Bonds conviction
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Skeptical members of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals questioned the soundness of Barry Bonds' obstruction of justice conviction for a rambling response to a grand jury in 2003 and left open the possibility they may throw out the verdict.
- Morrison's HR in 9th puts Mariners past Angels 3-1
ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) — Logan Morrison felt no weight on his shoulders from the Seattle Mariners' two-game offensive drought and teetering playoff hopes when he stepped to the plate with two outs in the ninth inning of a scoreless game.
- Pirates get late break in playoff push, top Bosox
PITTSBURGH (AP) — It might be way too early to call the Pittsburgh Pirates a team of destiny. But after what manager Clint Hurdle witnessed Thursday night, he had to stop and wonder.
- Appeals court reconsidering Barry Bonds conviction
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) â Barry Bonds may yet overturn his obstruction of justice conviction.
- Aviles sac fly lifts Indians over Astros in 13
HOUSTON (AP) — Mike Aviles's sacrifice fly in the 13th inning scored Jose Ramirez and gave the Cleveland Indians a 2-1 win over the Houston Astros on Thursday night.