- Hunter homers for Twins in 7-2 win over Indians
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Torii Hunter hit his first home run for Minnesota since 2007, helping Trevor May and the Twins beat the Cleveland Indians 7-2 Sunday.
- Adam Jones powers Orioles past Red Sox 8-3
BOSTON (AP) — Adam Jones went 4 for 5 with a three-run double and two-run homer to match his career high with five RBIs, carrying the Baltimore Orioles past the Boston Red Sox 8-3 on Sunday.
- Headley, Teixeira lift Yanks over Rays 5-3 for 3-game sweep
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Chase Headley and Mark Teixeira drove in two runs each, and the New York Yankees beat the Tampa Bay Rays 5-3 Sunday to complete a three-game sweep.
- Pirates sweep, Brewers off to worst start in team history
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Gerrit Cole pitched six effective innings, Pedro Alvarez homered and the Pittsburgh Pirates swept Milwaukee 5-2 Sunday, leaving the Brewers with their worst start in team history.
- Strasburg lifts Nationals to 4-1 win over Phillies
WASHINGTON (AP) — Stephen Strasburg allowed a run in 7 1-3 innings and the Washington Nationals used a three-run fifth inning for a 4-1 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies on Sunday.