- Rays' minor league team cancels 'A-Rod Juice Box' promotion
NEW YORK (AP) — What began as "A-Rod Juice Box" promo night for a Tampa Bay Rays minor league team quickly became Apology Night.
- Brewers' Smith suspended 8 games for rosin, sunscreen on arm
ATLANTA (AP) — Milwaukee Brewers manager Craig Counsell didn't see a shiny substance on reliever Will Smith's right arm until it was too late.
- Pirates star McCutchen laughs off leaked pay stub
PITTSBURGH (AP) — Good thing Andrew McCutchen has direct deposit.
- LEADING OFF: Syndergaard, Cole meet up, Jennings tries again
A look at what's happening all around the major leagues today:
- Smith regrets oversight with rosin, sunscreen on arm
ATLANTA (AP) — Milwaukee Brewers reliever Will Smith wanted to grip the ball better, so he followed a common practice of using rosin and sunscreen on his pitching hand.