- Blue Jays rout Orioles 9-1 to take AL East lead
TORONTO (AP) — J.A. Happ won his eighth straight decision, Devon Travis homered and the Toronto Blue Jays used a seven-run fifth inning to beat the Baltimore Orioles 9-1 Saturday and take sole possession of the AL East lead for the first time since early April.
- Nationals acquire Melancon from Pirates
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — The Washington Nationals found their reliable new man for the ninth inning, acquiring All-Star closer Mark Melancon from the Pittsburgh Pirates on Saturday.
- Bryant singles to stop Miley's no-hit bid
CHICAGO (AP) — Kris Bryant singled sharply to left field with no outs in the seventh inning Saturday for the Chicago Cubs' first hit off the Seattle Mariners' Wade Miley.
- Padres starters Cashner, Rea to Marlins in 7-player deal
MIAMI (AP) — Buyers at the trade deadline for a change, the Miami Marlins believe they now have enough starting pitching to make a playoff push.
- A-Rod back in lineup at DH, looks to snap 2-for-22 slump
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — Alex Rodriguez is back as the New York Yankees' designated hitter for the first time in a week, looking to snap his struggles at the plate.