- 5 takeaways from a punch-less summer box office
NEW YORK (AP) — The movie of the summer might have been Marvel's irreverent hit "Guardians of the Galaxy," the top domestic film at the box office. Or it could have been Michael Bay's sequel-reboot hybrid "Transformers: Age of Extinction," the lone movie to even approach $1 billion globally.
- Obama to attend wedding of longtime personal chef
WASHINGTON (AP) — Here's what the Obama family had on its plate Saturday evening: the White House chef's wedding.
- Pacino does double duty at Venice Film Festival
VENICE, Italy (AP) — Al Pacino made two trips up the red carpet at the Venice Film Festival on Saturday, with a pair of movies about aging, regret, giving up and letting go.
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action series
SEATTLE (AP) — "Halo: Nightfall" is returning to familiar territory.
- After injury, Kings of Leon ready for stage
NEW YORK (AP) — A brotherly reunion is coming to the City of Brotherly Love: Family band Kings of Leon will play its first show Sunday in Philadelphia since drummer Nathan Followill injured his ribs.
- Spanish fashion designer Pertegaz dies at 96
MADRID (AP) — Manuel Pertegaz, one of Spain's most admired fashion designers who dressed Audrey Hepburn, Jacqueline Kennedy and Ava Gardner, has died. He was 96.
- VENICE WATCH: Director's praise for Robin Williams
VENICE, Italy (AP) — VENICE, Italy — The Venice Film Festival is bringing 11 days of red carpet premieres, innovative movies and Hollywood glamour to the Italian city. Here's what has been catching the eye of The Associated Press:
- Made in America music festival rocks Los Angeles
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Downtown Los Angeles' inaugural outdoor music festival got underway Saturday despite concerns from residents about possible security and traffic issues.
- PAX Prime gaming convention kicks off in Seattle
SEATTLE (AP) — The Penny Arcade Expo is in full swing in downtown Seattle.
- Obama's tan suit buzzed around the world
NEW YORK (AP) — Quick! What exactly did President Barack Obama say from the White House briefing room about Syria, Iraq and Ukraine while dressed in the tan suit buzzed 'round the world?