- Chilean man missing from cargo vessel north of Puerto Rico
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — U.S. Coast Guard rescue teams are combing the Atlantic Ocean near Puerto Rico in search of a Chilean man reported missing from a cargo vessel traveling through the region.
- Mexican Green Party leader resigns post amid investigation
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexican prosecutors said Wednesday that they have opened a criminal investigation of a leader of Mexico's Green Party for allegedly violating electoral laws in June's midterm elections.
- Venezuela opposition party says regional official
CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) — An opposition leader was shot to death at a campaign rally Wednesday for next week's congressional elections in Venezuela, his party said.
- Mexico says it's closing in on tiger that escaped month ago
MEXICO CITY (AP) — A tiger named "Ankor" marked a full month on the run Wednesday, having evaded capture since he escaped from a restaurant zoo and disappeared into what appears to be a very tiger-friendly habitat on Mexico's southern Pacific coast.
- Macri's promise to expel Venezuela from Mercosur unlikely
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay (AP) — Experts say a promise by Argentina's president-elect to expel Venezuela from the Mercosur trade bloc seems unlikely to be fulfilled.