- Guatemala: Ex-VP's bank accounts frozen amid graft probe
GUATEMALA CITY (AP) — A Guatemalan court froze bank accounts linked to former Vice President Roxana Baldetti, who resigned this month after a corruption scandal reached into her office, the magistrate who made the ruling said Friday.
- Ex-Guatemala vice president's properties raided amid scandal
GUATEMALA CITY (AP) — Authorities in Guatemala have raided properties linked to former Vice President Roxana Baldetti, who resigned amid a customs corruption scandal that implicated her former private secretary.
- Chile customs workers end strike that disrupted exports
SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) — Chilean customs workers are returning to work after reaching a deal to end a nationwide strike that halted shipments causing losses for the fruit and salmon industries.
- 2 ex-Guantanamo detainees to tie knot with Uruguayan women
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay (AP) — Two former Guantanamo Bay detainees are planning to tie the knot with women from their adopted home of Uruguay.
- Shocking ads ignite debate about abortion ban in Chile
SANTIAGO, Chile (AP) — The video shows a woman climbing a stairwell, her belly visibly pregnant, as she offers suggestions: Make sure there are no security cameras. Be careful not to look down or you might regret it.