- A timeline of Colombia's conflict with largest rebel group
BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) — Key developments in the half-century of hostilities between Colombia's government and the country's largest rebel movement, which have announced a peace agreement:
- AP EXPLAINS: How Colombia conflict developed over decades
BOGOTA, Colombia (AP) — With Colombia's government and the country's biggest rebel movement announcing agreement on a historic peace deal, The Associated Press explains how the conflict began and developed over the decades.
- Colombia, FARC rebels reach deal to end half-century war
HAVANA (AP) — Colombia's government and the country's biggest rebel group reached a historic deal Wednesday evening for ending a half-century of hostilities in one of the world's longest-running and bloodiest armed conflicts.
- Rio Olympics over, final decision on Brazil president looms
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — The last medals have been handed out, the athletes have all gone home and the fireworks at Rio de Janeiro's Maracana stadium are fading into memory. Now Brazil's real drama begins.
- AP PHOTOS: Colombia rebels relax, play soccer as peace nears
IN THE JUNGLE OF PUTUMAYO, Colombia (AP) — It could be a sandlot soccer field almost anywhere in rural Colombia: flattened earth carved from the jungle with lopsided goalposts made of tree trunks painted the colors of the country's flag.