- Guatemalan land activist wins prestigious Goldman prize
GUATEMALA CITY (AP) — Rodrigo Tot, a 60-year-old farmer and activist, was awarded the prestigious Goldman Environmental Prize on Monday for work in his Guatemala homeland, an honor that comes after two previous Latin American winners were murdered in the last year.
- 9 dead in apparent gang shootout in western Mexico
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Prosecutors in western Mexico say nine people are dead following an apparent gang shootout in a rural area.
- Mexico says 2 top drug traffickers killed near US border
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Two top drug traffickers have been killed in pre-dawn shootouts Saturday with federal forces in the northern Mexico border state of Tamaulipas, authorities reported.
- Venezuelans march in memory of those killed in unrest
CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) — Thousands of Venezuelans dressed in white marched in the capital Saturday to pay homage to the at least 20 people killed in anti-government unrest in recent weeks.
- The Latest: Venezuelan protesters cross into western Caracas
CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) — The latest on the political crisis in Venezuela (all times local):