- Venezuelan rum industry succeeding despite country's woes
CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) — Ever since he was a young man, one of Guillermo Matos' small pleasures has been a mid-month round of cocktails with friends.
- Coca production in Colombia jumped 39 pct in 2014
CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) — Cultivation of the leaf used to make cocaine skyrocketed last year in Colombia, according to a new White House report that's likely to pressure authorities here to preserve a threatened U.S. aerial eradication program at the heart of the drug war.
- Metro trains crash in Mexico City, injuring 12
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Two metro trains carrying passengers crashed in Mexico City on Monday, leaving at least 12 people injured, authorities said.
- SurveyMonkey CEO died of head trauma in exercise accident
MEXICO CITY (AP) — SurveyMonkey CEO David Goldberg died of severe head trauma in an exercise accident in the Mexican resort town of Punta Mita, a Mexican state official said Monday.
- Police: US couple killed in US Virgin Islands
CHARLOTTE AMALIE, U.S. Virgin Islands (AP) — Authorities in the U.S. Virgin Islands say an elderly couple visiting from the U.S. mainland has been found stabbed to death in a rental home.