- Nicaragua calls off search for 4 missing miners
MANAGUA, Nicaragua (AP) — Nicaragua's government says it has called off a search for at least four missing miners because cave-ins made the effort too dangerous to continue, and hopes have faded that anyone could be found alive after five days.
- Tropical Storm Dolly heads for Mexico's coast
MEXICO CITY (AP) — Tropical Storm Dolly headed Tuesday for a soggy collision with Mexico's Gulf coast.
- Brazilian designer Sergio Rodrigues dies at 86
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) — Celebrated Brazilian designer Sergio Rodrigues, whose "Mole" armchair is among the most iconic pieces of Brazilian mid-century design, has died. He was 86 years old.
- Mexico turns to army, drones for security
MEXICO CITY (AP) — The Mexican government says it is increasingly turning to the use of the army and drones in security patrols, reducing the role of the once-successful Marine forces.
- Mexico rescues 15 Cubans adrift deep in Gulf
MEXICO CITY (AP) — The Mexican Navy says it has rescued 13 badly dehydrated Cubans who were drifting in a makeshift boat far offshore in the Gulf of Mexico.