- Israeli PM vows 'strong action' against Palestinian unrest
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned Monday that he will use a "strong hand" to quell violent Palestinian protests and deadly attacks, signaling that the current round of violence is bound to escalate at a time when a political solution to the conflict is increasingly distant.
- The Latest: Man killed by Palestinian last week was American
JERUSALEM (AP) — The latest developments in ongoing tensions between Palestinians and Israel following days of violence in Jerusalem and the West Bank (all times local).
- Libyan parliament votes to extend its mandate
BENGHAZI, Libya (AP) — Libya's internationally-recognized parliament has voted to extend its own mandate past the Oct. 20 deadline, said two members of the body and its media spokesman.
- Officials say 55 fighters killed in Yemen's Marib province
SANAA, Yemen (AP) — Yemeni security officials say at least 55 fighters have been killed and more than 100 injured in battles in Marib province, a key front in the fighting against Shiite Houthi rebels.
- Iraq officials: car bombs across Iraq kill 56, wound dozens
BAGHDAD (AP) — A series of car bombings across Iraq Monday killed at least 56 people and wounded dozens as the government continued its efforts to combat extremism across the country.