- Saudi offer to send troops to Syria comes with uncertainty
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Saudi Arabia's offer to send troops to fight Islamic State in Syria is as much about the kingdom's growing determination to flex its military might as it is about answering U.S. calls for more help from its allies in the Middle East.
- Iraq will send more troops to base outside Mosul
IRBIL, Iraq (AP) — Iraq will send additional troops to a base outside the northern Islamic State-held city of Mosul.
- Militants shoot down Libyan fighter jet
BENGHAZI, Libya (AP) — Libya's air force chief of staff says a fighter jet was shot down while carrying out airstrikes against Islamic militants.
- Dubai ruler says Emirates to privatize government services
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Dubai's ruler said Monday the United Arab Emirates will privatize some government services in the oil-rich country, as well as create a state minister position devoted to ensuring the happiness of its citizens.
- Israel looking to ban Arab MPs who met attackers' relatives
JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel's government is promoting legislation to ban three Arab lawmakers who met with families of Palestinians who carried out deadly attacks.