- The Latest: Abbas awaiting US word on Israel settlements
AMMAN, Jordan (AP) — The Latest on the Arab Summit (all times local):
- Amnesty: US-led coalition not protecting Mosul civilians
BAGHDAD (AP) — A recent spike in civilian casualties in Mosul suggests the U.S.-led coalition is not taking adequate precautions as it helps Iraqi forces battle the Islamic State group, Amnesty International said Tuesday.
- Thousands of ultra-Orthodox Israelis protest military draft
JERUSALEM (AP) — Thousands of ultra-Orthodox Jews demonstrated in Jerusalem on Tuesday over military service in one of several protests following the recent detention of a rabbi's son who refused to report to a draft office.
- Russia general claims US-led coalition hit dam in Syria
MOSCOW (AP) — A senior Russian general on Tuesday accused the U.S.-led coalition fighting the Islamic State of targeting Syria's infrastructure — including a key dam — in territory held by the Sunni extremist group.
- Sudan president, sought by ICC, welcomed by Jordan's king
AMMAN, Jordan (AP) — Sudan's president, sought by the International Criminal Court on war crimes charges, has been welcomed in Jordan despite calls by human rights groups to deny him entry.